Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I am planning on getting back into making the adjustable Body Post and I wanna get a survey on the post heights everyone has on there cars. I need to know the front and rear lenghts of the post you have on your cars now. I need them for the Ksg gen1, ksg gen2, maverick opc, Rip car fronts only, a-train chassis, leading edge lightning and executioner, and silva cars. Please leave post with the sizes, body type and type of chassis.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
One suggestion I thought of for the ksg is to put the smaller side on the bottom and put the bigger end at the top. I had to do that with my ksg as well.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I would like to see a post a little longer so you can use body clips.. Most of the adjustable body mounts are a tad to short for body clips.. they work great for screwing the body down, but for clips you need a slight bit more length.. I prefer clips.. I have never pulled a bod clip through the body, plus they come off quicker if i forget something..

I know most of the guys in WI seem to run clips.. Is it possible to have some custom made?? Or is it possible to have some slightly longer for production for use with clips.. Glad to see your back making them.. Ive heard good things about them..

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
burbs said:
I would like to see a post a little longer so you can use body clips.. Most of the adjustable body mounts are a tad to short for body clips.. they work great for screwing the body down, but for clips you need a slight bit more length.. I prefer clips.. I have never pulled a bod clip through the body, plus they come off quicker if i forget something..

I know most of the guys in WI seem to run clips.. Is it possible to have some custom made?? Or is it possible to have some slightly longer for production for use with clips.. Glad to see your back making them.. Ive heard good things about them..
I was asked one time by Brian Fairchild from team 1 about his a while back. I was actually gonna start trying to make the tops with the clip type. I AM TRYING TO FIND A GOOD MACHINIST WHO CAN MAKE THE PARTS FOR ME SO THEY ARE MORE PROFESSIONAL LOOKING. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT ITS GONNA COST A LITTLE MORE TO MAKE THEM. I'm not talking like $10 more I am saying like maybe $5 more per set. I am not sure yet whats gone on thats why I need sizes and soforth so I can get estimates on making the pieces. I can tell you more when I start getting sizes. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Kevin,

We have been out of stock on body posts for sometime and nobody has had them. When will you be ready to ship?

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am planning on havin some around april 1st. That is the soonest I am gonna be able to get to making them. I need some sizes though to be able to get some pricing. Thanks

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I'll give you the sizes I use for a Leading Edge Lightning with a charger body.

RF - 1.435 overall. Base - 1.142
LF - 1.14 overall. Base - 0.61

RR - 2.637 overall. Base - 1.089
LR - 2.484 overall. Base - 1.089

These are your body posts that I started with. I had to cut down the front bases to allow a lower mounting position.

Hope this helps. You have a good product.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Kevin
Front body post height Silva foam tire car-1.6 w\Windtunnel HDX,measuring at the highest point with a 25* angle
Koz

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Someone needs to make a good rear set for thr RIP car. Needed to raise the body at a race this weekend, what a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cannot get these things made if I cant get any sizes from anyone.....The sooner I get sizes the faster I can get them made up.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Maverick 05.5 OPC

Front 2", Rear 3" for a protoform mc

Front 1.17", Rear 2.75" for a protoform dodge charger

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate the sizes guys but i need to know still for the ksg, a-train, RIP fronts, Also for the bodies M/C, taurus, and intrepid.

Kevin Henson
KND Concepts
Power Push
Finishline
PRS
Team 1 R/C

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pepe - I am not making them as of yet but maybe when I do I might be able to. Get me the sizes and I will see what I can do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts