Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A friend of mine offered me a tycopro chassis recently, but without body. I believe the tyco 440x2 widepan long wheel base bodies are compatible :confused:

but I don't know what bodies I can use (original or resin repro) ? ANy help will be appreciated !

thanks

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Most of the TycoPro bodies fit on the 440/X2 pan chassis so I expect the opposite holds true and most 440/X2 bodies designed for the pan chassis should fit on a TycoPro chassis. The only TycoPro body that I've had issues with is the Chaparral 2J. I suppose you could get a 440/X2 under it if you cut down the rear wheels and tires.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the problem is the 440x2 widepan 's got 2 possible wheels bases. The tycopro unique wheelbase is similar to 440x2 widepan long wheel base (I checked it).

The problem is that not every widepan body are made for long wheel base chassis...so I don't know what tyco bodies I can use (except the usual chaparal, gremlin we always see on ebay).

thanks,

dimitri

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
is it the long or short wheel base on the tyco pro?
If it long base, there are lots of newer tyco bodies they will fit.
the vette, the t-bird, the camaro.. to name a few

if it's short wheel base, you're better off wating until Bruce gets better and buying one of his tyco bodies, like the Bug or muara

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the help !

my chassis is the long wheel base. I've seen in Bruce's shop a lot of bodies for tyco, how can I recognize the long wheelbase versions ?

IN the pictures I found about the tycopro bodies, I loved especially the chapparals, the cobra and porsche (917k and 908?). I don't know if they're long or short wheel base...

it's complex ^^ to make it simple, I like the GT/endurance lemans race cars, I 'm not interested in muscle cars or "civilian" US cars.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The TYCO PRO bodies are not hard to find and amazingly no that expensive.

I seen whole TYCO PRO cars at the slocar show for $20.00 for a runner.

Gonzo

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arglll...!

I hope the cobra is long wheel base...if not, any 440x2 widepan long wheel base should fit the tycopro chassis, no ? But I don't know if any long wheel base 440x2 widepan bodies exists too ^^

thanks

·
Most Interesting Member
6,267 Posts
Tyco LWB bodies...just off the top of my head.. (I may miss a few)
70 Boss Mustang funny car
70 Camaro funny car
70 Plymouth Superbird
71 Mustang Mach1
71 AMC Javelin
72 Road runner
73 Chevelle
73 Dodge Charger
78 Dodge Van
78 Chevy Stepside Truck
78 Chevy Blazer
79 Camaro
80 Mustang
84 Thunderbird
Road Warrior wannabe cars
40 Ford
57 Chevy
These all fit the LWB wide pan Tyco chassis
any I forgot folks?

Rich

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
what no pictures...lazy bums hahaahahaahahaha...no realy ( :

Rich,

Will this one work? Sorry but, had to post it....buhhhahahaahahaah

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyco-CH-STP-Pet...mdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item414abe3119

You forgot my all time favorite...Trick Truck!!!! My fellow Nebraskan lsot bud CJ hates it.:cry:

The Blue & Silver one is a Bad dog body painted up by me...going to do more color variations on this in 2010.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1972-TYCOPRO-Do...mdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item5884782a47

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slot-Car-Tyco-P...mdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item2c51b86f69

If you look on the bottom chassis picture here you can see the grooves in the brass pan that are for the front tire clearance on the short chassis version and this is a long wheelbase as the front tires are not even close to them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyco-Pro-Dodge-...mdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item25575875df

and this one with lots of picutures...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyco-Pro-Racing...mdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item439b7d8e17

This thread is usless without pictures! :)

Bob...I got a little time to post pictures...zilla

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you for the answers...And the pics ;)

Actually, it seems I will not find any classic race cars for my long wheel base chassis...:confused:

So I guess I'll have to finish my LMP dallara....the long wheel base matches...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, but it's not the type of cars I want to race ;) so I believe i'll have to make my own bodies.

thank you !

·
Most Interesting Member
6,267 Posts
Also, the Tyco Vipers fit.

All the Ideal cars are long wheel base.
This includes....
69 Charger
75 Nova
78 Dodge step side pick em up
79 Dodge Magnum
76 Chevy Laguna S3
The Ford & Dodge vans
Various dirt modified cars

Rich

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

I bump that topic, to know if anyone can give me some advises on long wheel bases bodies compatible with tycopro long wheel base.

If I understood correctly, some tyco widepan bodies are compatible. I need long wheel base fit, I took a look in Traxs hobbies website, but the wheelbase is not indicated...

Could you give me a list of GT or endurance (lemans style, 50's to modern aera) bodies available ?

thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts