Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

Hello I'm not asking anyone to break the bank here and don't want this to be a financial burden for any of my Hobby Talker Buds

If a bunch of people ( :hat: :) :dude: :cool: :hat: ) put in $5.00 each it would help ALOT....oh and if any of you want to go down with me I will donate $40.00 to help you get started Feel free to donate any amount you feel comfortable with. I put a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee down already.

I will post pics up of this afterwords here. This all goes to help the BSA (Boy Scouts of America) oh and Cub Scouts too.

I Bob Hovendick will be Rappelling down the side of the WOODMEN TOWER September 22,2012 on 1700 Farnam St. in Omaha Nebraska to help the BSA (Boy Scouts of America) raise money.

I'm asking for donations from everyone I know. To Rappel it will take $1,000.00 total in donations for me to GO OVER THE EDGE.

At first I was thinking NO WAY, NOT ME!! But, wanted to help the BSA. Was trying to get someone else to go from my work & would help them raise the money.

Larry Gardner from my work made copies of the Over The Edge flier I posted up on our work bulletin board. Larry enlarged my copy and put Fliers all over the place at work. On the refrigerator, doors, by work benches...EVERYWHERE...LOL You couldn't miss them.

At this point a couple people showed interest but, then they saw the $1,000.00 amount needed to GO OVER THE EDGE and didn't think they could raise the money.

Realizing that nobody else from my work was going to do this, a light went off in my head. I will do it!!

I'm not afraid of heights and know the rappel people will show me how to do this so....PLEASE HELP ME WITH A DONATION!

The BSA has changed our Son Fletcher Hovendick and all the other Scouts lives in so many ways.

Those of you who know me well know that I stopped smoking as soon as I became an Assistant Cub Master for Pack 363 over a year ago.

Have met so many people in Scouting that all are in this for the same reason as me. It's for the boys to get a chance to learn and have fun. Camp and help others...etc, etc, etc...

You can donate online or send a check using the link supplied here.

Thank You, Bob

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support BSA - Mid-America Council

Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://macovertheedge.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=1001486&u=1001486-364014536&e=5948198352

Bob Hovendick

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Bob, I will see what I can do to help, just developed a crisis at the new house last night. Hot water tank is leaking (Dag Nabbit) but I was thinking... What about a carwash... You could ask the staff at Hooters for help. oh wait... might not be the best idea... I sometimes get ahead of myself and don't think things through... :tongue:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob, I want to challenge others here to match my $20. We can all make a difference for these boys. I was a Scout a couple (Ha) years ago. It was a great experience.

Good Luck Bob.

Rob
Rob..............:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everyone here is First Class all the way!!

Like I said before if you can't afford to donate right now then don't worry.

Unless something goes completely wrong I will do this again next year also!!

We just got done with a 3 hour Committee meeting. We plan our fun!! :hat:

I just talked all our leaders into doing a Skit for the kids at the next Camp out to Kick Off our Popcorn Kickoff sales campout.
It was easy...I talked fast...made people laugh....then Zapped the crowd with O.K. who doesn't want to do this....Shazam!!!! Nobody said no. :)

Bob...going to Pack 363s Pool Party right now...zilla

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Bob, I want to challenge others here to match my $20.

Good Luck Bob.

Rob
Unlike all those athletes who said they gave 110% (which is impossible) I did. $22 ( I like the looks of that) electronically on the way.

Bob, tell the nice people about the tower. When I read the thread I got the idea it was just something the scouts built. It's a real building.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just click on the link below & my donation page will POP UP!!

Unlike all those athletes who said they gave 110% (which is impossible) I did. $22 ( I like the looks of that) electronically on the way.

Bob, tell the nice people about the tower. When I read the thread I got the idea it was just something the scouts built. It's a real building.
Thanks Rob!!!

110 %....that is great hahahahahahahaha :)

Yep The Woodman Tower has been in Omaha forever and amazingly after all this time was the tallest building in Omaha until about 10 years ago. It is still the second tallest at almost 500 feet!!

Here is the link again...You just click on it to get to my donation page.

http://macovertheedge.kintera.org/f...9B77824&supId=364014536&emaillogid=5948198352

I actually come here now to check and see my donation results using this link.

The real Crazy thing about this is I may have actually have gotten several others into GOING OVER THE EDGE too. Some from our Pack, some from the other Gretna pack and also some from work....maybe....I know that I'm doing it.

Bob...The only way up is down...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here is a video of past rappellings down the WOODMAN TOWER...

If you want to donate with a check there is a blue link that says "donation form" on the link on Post #6 above ...click on that and print. It has the address to mail.

Can use all the help to reach $1,000.00 I can get!!

Bob...again thanks for all the support guys and gals...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
keep it up zilla where r my torinos at lol.:wave:
Doritos??? lol :wave:

$340.50 so far...again thanks BIG TIME to those of you who have helped me on my way...

Bob Hovendick (me) $50.00

Pack 363 Scouts - James Wolfe $50.00 08/05/2012

HT- Richard Chiovaro $51.00 08/06/2012

HT -Rob White $20.00 08/07/2012

My Work - Rich Albertson $20.00 08/10/2012

My Work - Jeff W. & Bob A. $20.00 08/16/2012

HT- steven mosora $22.00 08/06/2012

HT-Tyler Karstens $20.00 08/14/2012

HT-Vern Doxtator $20.00 08/06/2012

HT-ed schoeneberger $22.50 08/17/2012

HT- R L............... $25.00 O8/19/2012

My Mom............. $20.00 08/20/2012

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support BSA - Mid-America Council

Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://macovertheedge.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=1001486&u=1001486-364014536&e=5948198352

Bob Hovendick

Bob...I'm going down...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Still plugging away at this...

One month to go & have $755.50 of the $1,000.00 needed to GO OVER THE EDGE

I tell you this is crazy raising money for this but, am very Greatfull of everyone's help in this cause to help the Boy Scouts of America by donating. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tonight we had a recruitment night. For the first time the Gretna Schools did not let us talk to the boys at school before our Recruitment night.
This was told to us on very short notice so, we didn't have time to plan anything else.

ZERO kids came to recruitment....DANG. :cry:

We have always had good turn outs in the past but, not getting to talk to the boys with our FUN SKIT at the school really messed things up.

We are not giving up....No......we are going to try and reach the kids door to door and at local day cares after school.

We raise money selling Popcorn pretty soon. Some new recruits would sure help us out with this effort also. Every thing we do is Volunteer time from all involved.

Selling Popcorn is the Cub Scouts only fund raiser of the year. Then we spend the rest of the year camping, Pinewood derby, boat racing or rocket racing, Den Meetings now that school is back, more camping, we just had a pool party and are getting ready to try our first Minnow (fish) races along with our Summer Pack Olympics combined.

We could use a few prayers to help get the boys that want to do Scouting in our Pack and also to give us Pack Leaders the extra energy and SMILE POWER to get things done. :)

My Work - Larry G...(am mailing in his check so, not showing up yet)$35.00

Family friend & Tax consultant...$20.00

Pack 363 Cub Scouts Bob & Alicia F. (363 Cubmaster & Super Friends too)...$20.00

HT - LDThomas.......$100.00

Jenny & Kipp K ( Gingers Sister and my Brother-in-law )...$200.00

Elizabeth R. $25.00 .... 08/28/2012

My Work - Zach $25.00 .... 08/28/2012

HT - roadrner.....$25.00....08/29/2012

Why do I support the Scouts so much?

Because, it gets kids involved in fun activities and helps them learn.
At the same time it involves their PARENTS as they get involved in our Camp Outs and other activities we do all year long.

This takes lots of planning and people with the same family goals to make this work.
It works...move to Gretna and put your kids in Scouts please...LOL :wave:

Bob...I'm going down...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'm not going to look down...OVER but, not down...that's the plan anyway

The amount of help raising the money needed for the BSA in this event just blows me away...Thank You all!! :)

Less than One month to go & have $755.50 of the $1,000.00 needed to GO OVER THE EDGE

Was told at work that if I went over without a rope that my $1,000.00 donation needed would have been already met. :lol:

Bob...It's getting closer...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Bob,
Great Idea, for you. I'd need a 1 with six zeros following before I could do it. :eek: Dave
Hahahahahahahhaahahhaah yeah 6 zeros...WOW!

Thanks for the BOOST-ER over the Edge cash donation roadrner and everyone else from Hobby Talk.

I couldn't have done this without your help. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bob...I don't get the money (it's for the BSA)...zilla

One month to go & have $780.50 of the $1,000.00 needed to GO OVER THE EDGE

I tell you this is crazy raising money for this but, am very Greatfull of everyone's help in this cause to help the Boy Scouts of America by donating. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tonight we had a recruitment night. For the first time the Gretna Schools did not let us talk to the boys at school before our Recruitment night.
This was told to us on very short notice so, we didn't have time to plan anything else.

ZERO kids came to recruitment....DANG. :cry:

We have always had good turn outs in the past but, not getting to talk to the boys with our FUN SKIT at the school really messed things up.

We are not giving up....No......we are going to try and reach the kids door to door and at local day cares after school.

We raise money selling Popcorn pretty soon. Some new recruits would sure help us out with this effort also. Every thing we do is Volunteer time from all involved.

Selling Popcorn is the Cub Scouts only fund raiser of the year. Then we spend the rest of the year camping, Pinewood derby, boat racing or rocket racing, Den Meetings now that school is back, more camping, we just had a pool party and are getting ready to try our first Minnow (fish) races along with our Summer Pack Olympics combined.

We could use a few prayers to help get the boys that want to do Scouting in our Pack and also to give us Pack Leaders the extra energy and SMILE POWER to get things done. :)

My Work - Larry G...(am mailing in his check so, not showing up yet)$35.00

Family friend & Tax consultant...$20.00

Pack 363 Cub Scouts Bob & Alicia F. (363 Cubmaster & Super Friends too)...$20.00

HT - LDThomas.......$100.00

Jenny & Kipp K ( Gingers Sister and my Brother-in-law )...$200.00

Elizabeth R. $25.00 .... 08/28/2012

My Work - Zach $25.00 .... 08/28/2012

HT - roadrner.....$25.00....08/29/2012

HT - Mike King...$25.00....09/02/12

Why do I support the Scouts so much?

Because, it gets kids involved in fun activities and helps them learn.
At the same time it involves their PARENTS as they get involved in our Camp Outs and other activities we do all year long.

This takes lots of planning and people with the same family goals to make this work.
It works...move to Gretna and put your kids in Scouts please...LOL :wave:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Mike King just donated $25.00 this weekend which brings Hobby Talk donations up to 11 people out of the 21 total so far.

Less than 3 weeks to go & have $780.50 of the $1,000.00 needed to GO OVER THE EDGE

THANK YOU ALL!!

Bob...almost there...zilla

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GOING OVER THE EDGE.............Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

My Father-In-Law just donated $220.00 this weekend and that is it!!

Ding, Ding, Ding....I get to GO OVER THE EDGE!!!

Thank you everyone!! It is much appreciated and won't forget the help and support given by those here on Hobby Talk.

11 days to go & have $1,000.50 of the $1,000.00 needed to GO OVER THE EDGE

If anyone still wants to donate to help the BSA I'm sure they would be grateful for anything more than the $1,000.50 already given to them to help the Scouts.

THANK YOU ALL!!

Bob...went 50 cents over...zilla

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.