Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I was browsing through the forum and saw the great models some of you have made of the homes that feature on tv - in particular the universal studio models. I wish I had such talent. What I like to do myself which for you all might be slightly silly is build houses in the SIMS 2 game. I was thinking on starting a project to build the entire DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES neighbourhood. However, I can't find the blueprints for the houses. Do you guys and gals know from where I can find the blueprints on the web or perhaps some of you might share if you have them? I am basically looking for the main eight ones. I did manage to find Mary Alice's house which featured in the Beaver movie and I found the Munsters one on this site.

Feedback appreciated :)

Best wishes

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,044 Posts
Welcome to the boards, Maureen! That said, with the exceptions of the Addams Family House, the Munsters' Home, and the Bates Psycho House you're probably not going to find a whole lot of real estate on this particular site.

What I would suggest is that you check out the resources for model railroad buildings, particularly in HO (1/87) scale. This is the scale in which the above-mentioned landmarks were issued. In addition to kits of more normal houses (that you might be able to use straight from the box or alter to look more like the Desperate Housewives residences), you'll find materials for modeling lawns and landscaping features, pavement, scale cars, etc. HO scale is very popular, so you should have no difficulty in finding what you need to come up with a pretty convincing neighborhood.

A search under "Model Railroading Supplies" should get you started on the Internet. Better still, take some photos of the houses you want to model into a local hobby shop. The folks there will likely have catalogs and the knowledge of what's available to help you get started on your project.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
-er mark? she wants to make virtual 'sims' houses... time for a breath of fresh air.

That said, maybe the boards for the shows' fans could help.

Chapter 2 in this document has some exterior pictures (I think). If I understand what I'm seeing, the 'housewives' lived on the same street as the Munsters. Go figure.

Mark Bennet wrote a book , and has some blueprints on display at this gallery. Not sure if that helps any (no housewives' houses).

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the bb. You might want to look at the book Charles Adam wrote on making blue prints vol 1 - I think he will be covering the use of cads, etc. It is in a thread in Sci-Fi on this BB. Some of the "plans" of Hollywood sets are hard to come by, and or just don't exist for our use. I've been working on the "Bates Motel" - It was a hit and miss at times... but had a few reference of it that a friend had made while he was workin on the lot there.

Gerry-Lynn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts