Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
This was a slab sided toy that I hated as a child - I had seen the real car in ´Diamonds are Forever´and had the Corgi model which had the correct curves on the side. But in 2006 I finally bought one ( I like it now because I remember hating it :freak: ). Mountain -do you have the rare first issue which misses the word´ROLAMATICS´ on the baseplate?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't have that one :)
have the reversed wheel model with the clover front wheels :)
not really variation, a factory goof :freak:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Factory errors show up in many collections -even though Lesney made more than 1 million cars per day a few mistakes came out of the factory store.I bought all of these cars from a retired toystore owner in October who supplements his pension with a little toy trading. Both no 14 Isos left the factory shrink wrapped together with other Isos (he didnt say if it was 6 or 12) and both were missing the same drivers door.These have been in his basement ever since he received them - the car without a box having been returned to his store by a disappointed child - when he looked for a replacement he found a 2nd car with the same problem.The no 27 Mercedes left Lesney without a windscreen - the previous time that I bought from this guy he had a mint 56 Fiat missing roof luggage and a 40 Hay trailer with sticky paint -all unsaleable back in 1969, and couldnt be returned to Lesney either - this guy dug out the Isos and Merc because I was pleased with his other quality control failures - he collects 1960s /70s Corgis himself, all original stock from his shop.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
those are nice, nice history behind them too :)
goofs are nice if you can find them and them find them cheap :)
sticky paint :( that darn refrigerator truck #44

1 - 6 of 6 Posts