Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i got a used nitro car its a blue bird N.S and 21 stamped on it things is as normal with used engine got nearly no compression but whats getting me is i can't work out how to start it there no pullstart nor a place to put apullstart is this right? if so how do you start the engine ?

thanks for any help
gavin :jest:

·
Registered
897 Posts
You can get a starter box. At the bottom of your chassis you should see a little wheel sticking out under the motor. If you have a starter box you can lay the vehicle on it lining up the wheel on the bottom of the car with the wheel on the starter box. Put a glo plug igniter on and push down on the box. Doing this makes the wheel on the starter box spin fast making the wheel on your chassis bottom spin allowing your motor to start. Starter boxes run from 35 to 85 bucks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can somone explan furfer how to use a starter box only thing i can see to use the starter box with is the flywheel but that don't go below the chassis???

thanks for any help again
gavin

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
nitromad....

You are right about the flywheel, but it IS what the starter box uses... The flywheel cannot stick out below the chassis or it would hit on bumps and kill the engine, so there is a small 'window' (for lack of a better term) in the chassis below the flywheel. The rubber wheel on a starter box is VERY carefully lined up so that it sticks up through this 'window' in the chassis and makes contact with the flywheel... Shezam! It spins the motor over and you are running...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ah i see now i thought that "window" was a clearace hole so flywheel didn't grid lol oh well i learn new things every day lol thanks for all yr helps ppl.

nitromad

also any one know of a exhaust that fit this engine.thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts