Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this project and decided to use this RT Charger casting and kinda wish I would have ditched it. The base to this thing never really fit that well at the bumpers to begin with but I wanted a hood that opened. I cut out the hood for the new blown Hemi that was installed and added quarter mile front tires and tubbed the rear for the new set of slicks. It has 3 coats of metallic silver and then a couple of coats of clear. I shot the top with flat black 2 coats and then another 2 coats of clear. The car rolls and the hood opens to show off the goods. Next time I don't think I would clear the flat black. Well on to the next project!!!







The original cutting the hood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,594 Posts
It looks good, I don't know why you wanted to ditch it.

I do a lot of stuff w/ flat black and Krylon Crystal Clear over it and end up w/ more of a satin black than shiny finish. I've also done them in just flat black and like the hot rod look it gives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks good, I don't know why you wanted to ditch it.

I do a lot of stuff w/ flat black and Krylon Crystal Clear over it and end up w/ more of a satin black than shiny finish. I've also done them in just flat black and like the hot rod look it gives.
I went back to work on it and got a little better fit on the bumpers. The paint is getting more of a satin look as it cures. You know how it is when spend a good amount of time and things don't turn out the way you wanted. I like the Crystal Clear it dries quickly and the Tamiya masking tape won't pull it off. I was able to do the whole casting in about and hour.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top