Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help. Otherwise it's the trash can. I have a 18-year-old Weed Eater blower model 920 Serial 1F1760967. It's run reliably, but I'm sure the engine internals are pretty worn. It ran out of gas and hasn't started since. The fuel line from the tank looked nasty, so I replaced it from the carb tro the tank, but it won't suck any gas into the line when the rope is pulled. If I pour a little gas in the cylinder, it will fire, but that's it. I've taken the carb all apart and cleaned everything. Wasn't too dirty. As I look at the side of the carb with the single screw -- the side where the gas goes into -- there's a gasket and a couple of "flapper valves" built into the gasket that seem to be designed to allow gas to enter the carb and go through a couple of chambers, but not allow gas or air to return. All the passages are clear, and you can blow through them. When I put the side with the single screw back on the carb, you cannot blow through the fuel hose, and it seems to me that it'll never run if fuel won't go in there.

Anybody have thoughts on this? Appreciate all opinions.

·
Registered
378 Posts
hankster said:
I would guess that the carb needs a complete cleaning and maybe a rebuild. Those models don't have a primer so the carb really has to be clean and working well for it to suck the fuel up to the carb.

And if you've already pulled the carb apart, you've more than likely already damaged the gaskets and stuff to where they won't work when you try to reuse them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll buy a new one for 82 bucks, but the old one did have a nice vacuum attachment. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts