Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, Just arrived here on this board and I was glad to see there was a Johnny Lightning forum because I have a casting that's stumping me.
I would love to pick the brain of anyone knowledgeable about Bloomington Gold's 2003 "50 Years of Corvette" and their use of Johnny Lightning castings for that year. I found this 2003 Z06 but have been unable to find a JL WL casting that matches all of this cars traits.
hmm, ok. I don't seem to be able to add an image at the moment due to my noobiness to the site so i guess i'll just start with the question asking and move on to images when i meet the required posting amount. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Sorry guys but there are WL versions of the 2 Bloomington Gold 2003 cars. The 1953 and the 2003. I have both.
WL traits are white interiors and "White Lightning" written on the tires.
I will post pics this evening when I get home if you would like.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sorry guys but there are WL versions of the 2 Bloomington Gold 2003 cars. The 1953 and the 2003. I have both.
WL traits are white interiors and "White Lightning" written on the tires.
I will post pics this evening when I get home if you would like.
Whoaaaaa!......I've got the two regulars...now I guess I gotta hunt the Whites down :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Been a busy Holiday and I just got back to a computer. Thank you all for the input. I thought I was imaging things at first but I'm glad you posted the pics of the '03. It's exactly the casting I have with the WL traits.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The Bloomington Gold cars are fairly easy to get. The WL versions show up pretty regularly. If you have any questions about JL cars you can use Wyatts sight. It is jlcollector.com. He has a pretty comprehensive data base over there. For pics of WL's you can use lightninglane.com. Greg is doing regular updates over there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts