Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an unsloved mistery around blister packs :rolleyes:
I'm saving all the blisters since 2004, from regular Hot-Wheels/Matchbox up to limited edditions and special blisters, part are with Cards on the back etc.

What do you do with your blister packs? :confused:
I have 5 big boxes full of them and realy want to get a decision about they're future :cool:

just to make it clear, the blisters are empty, all the cars are in display

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Mine go in the garbage. I would like to save some of the card art, but that's another thing to think about. You could do like Mr.John and throw them over your shoulder. Cracks me up every time when he's crackin'.:D

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have an unsloved mistery around blister packs :rolleyes:
I'm saving all the blisters since 2004, from regular Hot-Wheels/Matchbox up to limited edditions and special blisters, part are with Cards on the back etc.

What do you do with your blister packs? :confused:
I have 5 big boxes full of them and realy want to get a decision about they're future :cool:
You are saving blisters for what reason ???

Only time I keep a HW in its original blister pack is when the Car is from 68-77 Redlines and all the Real Riders from the 80s.....

Everything else is pointless as you will not retire from 1980 to 1990 to 2000 to 2010 to 2020 Cars.

Crack em and enjoy your collection :thumbsup:. That is what Mattel would want ya to do if you were to ask them. They were made to be played with.

You are collecting recyclable material if you are keeping the empty blister packs

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
It depends on how you display. I have a giant peg wall, so most of my collection is still carded as that is how I display/store them. I also enjoy the card art and it's a way to keep dust off them without having to buy Jammers, etc.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i only save the cardboard parts of the blister to mail in for the free car you get. well, i just started doing this, i should have saved them and i would have enough for like 3 or 4 free cars LOL...but i save some of the plastic for making customs and mixing epoxy or paint...

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The blisters are empty
Toss the empty blister packs unless you really like the artwork on them.

We all collect differently so it's your call.

Many people keep em all nice nice in a blister pack

Many pop em loose to enjoy open

Many play with them on track systems w/ their children or by themselves

Many customize them to keep or resell

Many just want to collect because they are bored and have nothing else to do with their time & money

Their is no right or wrong... Do what you please if it makes you happy :D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm just curious as to why you keep the empty blisters? :confused: Is it for the card art or Do you plan on returning the cars to the BP's eventually? Just a little confused as to why. :wave:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I moved twice this year, but now i'm in my new and permanent house.
It was realy helpfull to have these blisters.
As I sayed I saved the blisters since 2004 a long before I knew I will move and it realy paid me to save them.

I'm just curious and looking for other opinions of what to do with the blisters.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I moved twice this year, but now i'm in my new and permanent house.
It was realy helpfull to have these blisters.
As I sayed I saved the blisters since 2004 a long before I knew I will move and it realy paid me to save them.

I'm just curious and looking for other opinions of what to do with the blisters.
They can keep you warm at night during cold evenings.... Fire Fire Fire

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I can understand why Dani may feel the opened blisters still hold some personal value. Maybe a little sentimentality there as well. He has the cars and the packaging they came in, it's all there and everything is complete. And if he wanted to he could put them all back in, almost like new.

But there are more efficient means of storage than the blisters. And if it's the card art, keep the cards and recycle the plastic. The cars are all you need, and getting rid of the empty blisters will feel like dropping a load of bricks.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i just thought of one other good reason to keep the cardboard...could punch holes in them or slide them into those clear plastic document protectors that go into a 3 ring binder and use those to catalog your collection. the m2 hard plastic cases are great for making mini-dioramas and for storage of your special cars or customs...if ilan was in usa i would pay shipping for all those hard cases.

·
Registered
557 Posts
i just thought of one other good reason to keep the cardboard...could punch holes in them or slide them into those clear plastic document protectors that go into a 3 ring binder and use those to catalog your collection. the m2 hard plastic cases are great for making mini-dioramas and for storage of your special cars or customs...if ilan was in usa i would pay shipping for all those hard cases.
Some equally hard plastic box???:wave:

·
Registered
493 Posts
i have no idea why ya would keep the blisters, HOWEVER i do see a row in the case that you could definitely send my way...That row of ambulances would look better here in PA lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts