Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Maybe he meant this definition of mint "formed by stamping or punching", as it look like that top may have been "stamped"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he used part of a copy and past from an old auction , who knows but I see a lot of it on ebay. Sellers who use old auctions and don't change things and contradict themselves. Unless I really want an item I just pass them by , I get tired of jumping through hoops using ebay tring to contact the seller. I know it is just another hassle with the ask seller a question page but as a seller too, it is another ebay hairbrain idea and I am sure there are people that don't know how to use it , like on hanksters feedback for example.
Oh well. just more time wasted I guess , it's too cold to do anything else, may as well rant a bit.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
hmmm... someone called him on it, and he apologized and explained that there was a mixup. unusual but refreshing for Fleabay...

--rick

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, someone sure did take the time to contact him. Good.
He has another car on there, the atlas ho, not sure what he mans by "(the windshield looks broken inside the package--won't affect the car)."
If the windshield is broken, which it looks like there is a chunk missing to me, but it may not be, I can't tell for sure, then it surely would affect the car in my opinion. Some sellers scare me. Maybe it's just me.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Cosmetics vs functional

I just think a lot of first time sellers of slot cars are concerned with the mechanical aspects of the cars - how many times have you seen "missing tire" or "missing wheel" or "missing metal strip" (i.e. pickup) in a description? They don't realize that a chunk out of a windshield is a much bigger deal than a missing tire.

I think that;s okay since this probably is nothing they know about. I prefer the people who don't know than those who try to mislead: Using Aurora to describe a Dash or Model Motoring car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how many times have you seen "missing tire" or "missing wheel" or "missing metal strip" (i.e. pickup) in a description? They don't realize that a chunk out of a windshield is a much bigger deal than a missing tire.

I don't know! Are club is a bunch of racers, and we usualy remove the windshields for better handling! A missing tire or pickup is important, a cracked windshield is no big deal to us! A collecter on the other hand body damage or missing pcs is a big deal!

I guess it just matters what you are going to do with it what is important to you!

Rosy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts