Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through some stuff from the warehouse sale, and I found an odd item, a Street Freaks 89 Honda CRX w/ a blank game piece. The game piece is missing the words " Sorry, please try again." Or wait, maybe it's missing the words " Congratulations, you win $10,000"!! ;) Even the silver substance is missing. Has anyone else found anything like this? Just wondering....

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Those were production sample pieces from what I was told. I sold a whole set of Street Freaks ones for $200.00 in the Warehouse Parking lot to a guy named Ron.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
When Matchboxtom kindly sent me a copy of his gold Mustang coupe, it had one of these dummy tags in it too.

I can only think that anything earmarked for the Mishawaka warehouse had the dummies, with the idea that actual game pieces would get maximum distribution in the stores. I couldn't imagine the hubbub or accusations if hundreds or thousands of game pieces were trapped in the warehouse somewhere and one of them turned out to be the winner.

jk

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Jeff Koch said:
When Matchboxtom kindly sent me a copy of his gold Mustang coupe, it had one of these dummy tags in it too.

I can only think that anything earmarked for the Mishawaka warehouse had the dummies, with the idea that actual game pieces would get maximum distribution in the stores. I couldn't imagine the hubbub or accusations if hundreds or thousands of game pieces were trapped in the warehouse somewhere and one of them turned out to be the winner.

jk
It's begining to look like most of the prizes will be awarded through the second chance drawing anyway.
Personally I've only heard of 3-3rd place winners and the contest ends nov 15:cool:

·
7,461 Posts
Oh I thought it was like the whole "Blank Check" theory... ;)

I'm just kidding...

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
When I got my case of 12 Monte Carlos from the YCITS program, they all had blank pieces too. (It was in the same release as MatchboxTom's Mustang, CG23.) Hoosier is right; pms485 told me at the time that they are indeed production sample pieces. Wonder if that makes them more rare/collectible... :rolleyes:

--rick

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Yep. Almost everything that come directly to PM has a blank game piece. I don't mind...I saw a WL VW Microbus at the sale, but didn't pick it it up specifically because it had a real game piece. If it had a blank one, I'd be less likely to open it up! :jest:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I purchased some at the warehouse sale that were blank as well . I didn;t have to worry about opening them. I may have about 4-5 of them. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts