Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy New Year!

I thought I'd show a few pics of the Black Sun Models 1/72 Raptor kit I just finished. It's a really great resin kit - well-molded and very crisp details. Struggled a bit with color, but chose Testor's Afrika Mustard for the overall paint. Hope you like it!

·
Curmudgeon
6,602 Posts
Good color choices, nice subtle weathering! I'll be happy if mine turns out half as good as yours did. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I've been very inspired by the great work I see on these boards everyday.

Athan - Black Sun does make this kit in 1/48 scale. The only source I know of is the Starship Modeler store.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Whoa .. nice, and very neatly coloured too. But you may want to consider giving her a wash to get that "used" and weathered look to add some realism there. And congrats on painting the canopy. I still have mine unbuilt in the box trying to figure out the best way to paint that

Athan_tok, Black Sun Kits are produced for Starship Modeller and you will find the entire range of fighters there (the 1/72 scale MK VII and Raptor, and the 1/48 MK II, MK VII and the Raptor) but better hurry. There are only 2 units left for the 1/48 scale Raptor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts