Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Hi Scott, Your black Ford J is worth keeping if it's in nice shape! I would. Sellers are always gettin big dough on E-pay for any black car. Even the hapless Ford J. You got the box with the insert too? After seeing a plane Jane yellow Riviera go for $200+, and a nice green dune fugly go for a $112, I'd be scared to hazard a guess. Seems like I've seen them open as high as $50 and if memory serves me correct it finished just under a buck fiddy. It was the real deal, perfect black finish and silver accents complete with the shiny box and insert. I have to marvel at the way prices have shot up in just one year. It might not be a bad time to deal it if you really want to.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Hi Scott, Thought you might like to lurk along on this one! 290080755554. One of these days I'll learn how to link stuff. LOL.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
If I recall, one of those Black Mustangs went for $400/$500 back on the fleabay a few years ago. This was one that Aurora had painted, not molded. Well I didn't win it either. :eek: rr

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
RR, Fasten your seatbelt! Right around xmas a glut of nice pony cars rolled by on the bay. Hdtps, verts, & Fb's; most all were rare HTF colors and combos. A poos black Fb stang exceeded $800.00! Yeah countem' eight-oh-oh.oh-oh. I didnt win any either.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will watch this one... thanks

I even know who is selling it...
Scott

Bill Hall said:
Hi Scott, Thought you might like to lurk along on this one! 290080755554. One of these days I'll learn how to link stuff. LOL.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well... not all black cars are equal

Bill Hall said:
Hi Scott, Your black Ford J is worth keeping if it's in nice shape! I would. Sellers are always gettin big dough on E-pay for any black car. Even the hapless Ford J. *snip*.
The difference with the J car is it is not painted black...
It is molded in black plastic...
Scott

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well....

sethndaddy said:
I bid on it and lost, as I do 95% of the time I bid on anything.
It's not a contest...
At least for me anyway...... :lol:

Scott

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
learn something every day...

SCJ said:
Another variable is:

Ford J cars were molded as well as painted black.....painted is much harder to find then molded and therefore commands almost twice the money!

--------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com
There you have it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts