Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Are you sure they are Black Foams Like the JAcos ....50 sounds to hard to me ...Most of the black we run are 40-42 in hardness ...

SRM

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
rocket most of the foam i run is all black? some of the spec foam is white,lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello everyone,the black foam that i sell is 37 on hardness,not 50,sorry about the goof up.
GRANT

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Hmm I have BSR grays that are firmer than that.

When I used to run Jaco's, a Jaco Black RF was 40-42 on the durometer and a Jaco Black rear was 47-50.
Jaco uses the softer foam from each batch for the fronts and the harder sections for the rear.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
doesnt sound like u can tell us much at all.... maybe some info... about what makes these good.. and a little more then a one sentence answer...

im not trying to start anything, u just seem real short on your answers...like u arent sure or dont know.... i have seem\n guys in the past try to sell so called black foam they got from a plumber or something.. so im curious what advantages this foam has..thanks

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
When I ran for a certain tire company we'll call them Brand C ( I wont mention any names) they offered a black tire which was more like a 34 on the durometer. We all know Jaco is the only one that offers a true black tire. If your tire is really in the 37 range that is more like a soft gray. As Burbs said, not trying to start anything but I know when I ran brand C's tires my biggest complaint was their tire chart was no where near the major brands out there. That makes it difficult when you are trying to figure out what works for a given track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my durometer chart for you guys to hash over. Sorry for the short answer but I am not really into typing.

Blue - 57 Green - 28 Silver - 27 Red - 35
Pink - 23 Purple - 45 Black - 37

Thanks, Grant

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I know Grant and he is a cool guy. Some of the guys at our track are running his tires and have had good success. Heck, try them maybe you'll find something better then you are running now. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I gave them a try and ran a set of his purples at the NORRCA nats, and a few of the Southwest Tour races. They seemed just as fast as the purple JACO's I was running (or maybe better) and they used much better wheels that didn't crack after one good hit like my JACO's have. I'll be buying more. Count me as a happy user - and I paid regular price for them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think Grant is trying to hide anything by saying they are not Jaco or BSR. He responded quickly to me when I sent him an email and asked him whose tires he was selling. He quickly responded that they were Cooper's.

Good foam and the wheel is a shiny version of the old TRC wheel if it what I remember is correct. Fronts had the pattern of round holes on a dish style wheel.

Tom

·
Registered
132 Posts
GK TIRES said:
Thankyou john,are you going to run the western shoot out at showtime,give me a call .
Thankyou grant
Yep, in fact I need to get another set of tires for that race. I'll call you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry on the mistake Grant, when you sent me the email with your compounds and prices, your product ID numbers exactly matched Cooper's numbering sequence and your compound descriptions exactly matched too, so I took a chance that you were just reselling Cooper's mounted foams under your header card. Didn't know it was just Cooper wheels and you were getting the foam from a different source

1 - 18 of 18 Posts