Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these?... there is a little blurb about them here...

www.diecastaudio.com

says, 'Jada drives with flash'... I am assumming these are not out yet, but see nothing about them on Jada's site

Supposed to be a 1/64th scale Big Time Muscle model (they show one of the newer Mustangs) with a built in USB 1 gig flash drive (the Mustang has the USB plug stickin out the back)

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
being semi-computer literate... possible hang-ups with this...

1 gig is still a semi-big flash drive, even today, and I can see them asking 40 to 50 dollars for this...

also, with the USB plug as shown, yer gonna need an extender cable, on most computers the USB plugs are kinda recessed, whether on the back or front of yer case... I think the car body might get in the way

·
Registered
405 Posts
A 1 gig thumb drive can be bought for around $20 right now. Cheaper later I bet. My issue with the Jada flash drive is that for me...it takes more space and I don't need another toy car flopping around my work area. Most of the data I put on the flash drive at work is confidential or secret and I wouldn't want anybody picking up my Jada flashdrive thinking it's toy and go off with it.

It's a cute idea and I'm sure there are many applications for it...but it doesn't fit my needs. I am glad to see Jada Toys venturing off on other projects like the flash drive though...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Isnt there a computer mouse in the works too? I remember reading about the Flash Drive, A mouse and some other JADA tech stuff last month.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know not much goin on in Jada world... but found this old post...

It's just funny reading the replys here, even tho the actual product is not even on that link anymore...

This was only about 4 years ago, and seems like every one knows what a flah drive is now....

...and prices?... can you even find a 1 gig flash drive anymore?:tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.