Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up on the Big sized Gwangi and tried to keep it just like the way he looked in the movie.:)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tylerh Thanks for the compliments and this badboy is 20 inches tall and almost 30 inches long:thumbsup:

·
Registered
722 Posts
WOW Dan!! This is perfection! Awesome build, and paint!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool looking bloody drool! I've never had much success making drool at all, what do you use for that?

Mike :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent work on Gwangi Dan!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The drybrushing is spot on as usual, and I like the drool you've added to the well detailed mouth.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW Dan!! This is perfection! Awesome build, and paint!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool looking bloody drool! I've never had much success making drool at all, what do you use for that?

Mike :wave:
Thanks Mike for the compliments and the drool thats on the Gwangi is from 5 minute clear exposy and on the Curse of the Demon bighead that is clear styrene scraps stretch out from being heated and then glued on to the desired location of the bust or kit and then take 5 min exposy and go over that to make it look like actual drool and then color it with what ever clear paint you want to use.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks Mike for the compliments and the drool thats on the Gwangi is from 5 minute clear exposy and on the Curse of the Demon bighead that is clear styrene scraps stretch out from being heated and then glued on to the desired location of the bust or kit and then take 5 min exposy and go over that to make it look like actual drool and then color it with what ever clear paint you want to use.
Thanks for the great tip Dan! :) I got a few kits that need some good drool, and for me it's been a bit of a stumbling block, well, till now anyway.
I'll give it a try. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow! That is a GREAT looking Gwangi! I've passed that one up a couple of times, I may have to reconsider next time I see one. Great choice of colors Dan, he looks just like he came off the screen! :cool:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Kirk,Chris,Steven Coffey for the compliments:) and Kitz its pretty easy to do the drool and it will take a couple trys to get the hang of making it.But in the end its worth it cause it adds a bit more jazz to the kit.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are you going to put it in a scale cage with the nasty dwarf climbing the ladder???
I would need alot of metal to make that cage:freak:. Plus were can one get a nasty little man to put on that cage if it was made?Simon its a Big kit and bigger than thought it was:freak:!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I would need alot of metal to make that cage:freak:. Plus were can one get a nasty little man to put on that cage if it was made?Simon its a Big kit and bigger than thought it was:freak:!
HOW BIG is it? Looks about 14-16" high. I'd use PVC tube instead of metal though.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
WOW!! I don't know how you do it, you must work 24/7 on building kits!! Looks great! Too big for my room though, I have the smaller one!:wave:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts