Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos ready for some dirt dobbin at sandhills i know i am

oh patterson make sure you move out of the way when i lap you :lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am so ready for offroad. Chris it might be you moving out of the way lol. I just can't wait to run something other then a blue tire. I can't even remember what traction feels like. Hey chris got that xxx4 ready for this summer. I know there is a few that want to run them. Andy wants one I think I should have one by June.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is this the race track in Fayettville, NC. If so I'm thinking of starting to race there this summer. I live in Goldsboro and the track here is going to carpet, but I still want to race offroad. Any tips for this track? Thanks for your help.

Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
no, the track is in vass nc. Sandhills Raceway... (aka) Big Perm Offroad Track....The offroad track is to the side of the building....

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jesler what type of truck do you drive i can help with some set up and yes they run stock truck it is the biggest class as far as motor i like running paradoxes with hardest springs you can get and an r brush it might not show well on a dyno but is seems to really run good on the track when you cxome down you can come over and the group that i pit with and i would be happy to help you out with a set up thats no problem at all i will be the one with parts for sell

·
Registered
108 Posts
Number_0

I run a Losi XXXT. Thanks for the help they start racing May 3 right? Hopefully I'll be able to make it down.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes may 3rd a gear to start with is orange spur and 25 or 26 pinnon and 40 wt shock oil

·
Registered
108 Posts
That big of a pinion? I ran a 20T pinion with my 88T spur with a P2K and the motor got super hot, wouldn't gearing up like that make it hotter?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah but at what track rosewood? you need alot different gear there than at sandhills and yes the motor does get hot but it doesnt get hot enough to hurt performance

·
Registered
321 Posts
The new track layout and lights are under construction as I'am typing this. A few more turns and jumps as well as a new track surface. A sand clay mix on the top. Drivers get out your step-pins.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cant wait to get the xxx-4's goin....

jesler1--- If your wanting set-ups dont get them from number_0 all he is just a backmarker that always seems to be in the way... LOL Hope to see you there man. You can't miss our group. We are the crazy bunch that sets up in the very corner next to the track and beside the small pinetrees. Look for Spoofy... He's Heads above the rest if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Also with the track surface and lay-out changing the gearing will change with it. Should only be + or - a tooth. Hopefully we will get it complete saturday if it dosent rain. And maybe sneek in some practice.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back marker if i am a back marker then you are a didnt nun :lol: and jesler yeah we will be the one that are just joking around hey s daddy so now i really know why your not going tc racing yourf scared ok i understand

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spoofy's dad

Don't worry Chris he might be at the track but it's not like he is going to do anything. I think he is scared, he did get beat at the open by his little brother you know. That might have permently scared him.

I got a 10X10 quickshade for this summer. I don't think Pual is going to race so at least we will still have a canopy. All of us but Medler.LOL

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is there a full up parts store and everything at this track, so when I break something I won't have to stop racing? Thanks for the invite guys I really appreciate it. I probably won't be there this Saturday but the next you can count on it. Its about an hour and a half drive from where I'm from and the wife won't let me go every weekend so I'm planning on going when they have the race's. Thanks again guys.

Joe

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jesler i bring parts from my shop fabio doesnt stock off-road parts and if it rains we dont race :cry: but we have a great time rain or shine

1 - 20 of 266 Posts