Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like it's going to be a one and done deal for Big Lots.they don't expect any more JL's down the road and thats to be expected from a closeout distributor,no suprise there.so according to shipping labels of the cases i bought.there were 2,100 cases sent from RC2 to the BL HQ in Ohio which they recieved on 12/4/09.from there they were distributed to there nationwide stores,i'm taking a logical guess(after searching their website)and saying there are approximately 250 Big Lots stores across the US.simple division states that 8.4 cases per store.obviously that number will be skewed to reflect the higher volume stores getting a little more and the lesser volume stores getting a little less.the 3 stores in my area recieved 8,8 and 10,the largest store getting 10.if your store only put out say 4 cases,there is a slight chance that they may still have them in the stockroom.if you've ever seen their stockrooms you'd understand how something can get buried or misplaced.so all in all this will not be a Canadian Blizzard that we saw a few years ago,merely a storm that came and went.:eek:
hope this clears things up a bit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
looks like it's going to be a one and done deal for Big Lots.they don't expect any more JL's down the road and thats to be expected from a closeout distributor,no suprise there.so according to shipping labels of the cases i bought.there were 2,100 cases sent from RC2 to the BL HQ in Ohio which they recieved on 12/4/09.from there they were distributed to there nationwide stores,i'm taking a logical guess(after searching their website)and saying there are approximately 250 Big Lots stores across the US.simple division states that 8.4 cases per store.obviously that number will be skewed to reflect the higher volume stores getting a little more and the lesser volume stores getting a little less.the 3 stores in my area recieved 8,8 and 10,the largest store getting 10.if your store only put out say 4 cases,there is a slight chance that they may still have them in the stockroom.if you've ever seen their stockrooms you'd understand how something can get buried or misplaced.so all in all this will not be a Canadian Blizzard that we saw a few years ago,merely a storm that came and went.:eek:
hope this clears things up a bit.
THANKS A LOT BELVEDERE 65 FOR YOUR GREAT INFORMATION ABOUT THE JL DUMPS AT BIG LOTS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:wave:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
My local BL still has them in the back room up top in the back of a ton of toys. They refuse to bring them down. I can see them everytime I stop by.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My local BL still has them in the back room up top in the back of a ton of toys. They refuse to bring them down. I can see them everytime I stop by.
I would sooo work on getting those out from the back room, I mean, your the customer right? You want to buy them , right? So Go Gettem' :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
chris
Get a job there and get them yourself. If i was local i crate a diversion. "Crazy whino invades local biglots and smothers himself with honey and dijon in an attempt to make dinner for imaginary dinosaurs. Man seems distraught after recent engagement to his toilet brush is abruptly ended in a tragic restroom mishap. More at 11"

·
Registered
738 Posts
chris
Get a job there and get them yourself. If i was local i crate a diversion. "Crazy whino invades local biglots and smothers himself with honey and dijon in an attempt to make dinner for imaginary dinosaurs. Man seems distraught after recent engagement to his toilet brush is abruptly ended in a tragic restroom mishap. More at 11"
Yummy, honey/dijon, good stuff :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ask an employee to bring them out for you.if that doesn't work ask for the manager.if that doesn't work ask the manager for the district managers phone # and see how quickly they are brought out to you.working up the ladder of command usually works in that type of situation.especially since the DM wouldn't be too pleased knowing that they have stock thats been sitting in the back for over two months:confused:,therefore missing the holiday sales period.that wouldn't be good for all the uncooperative emlpoyees that wouldn't help you when you asked.let us know how it works out.:wave:

·
Registered
230 Posts
i hope he does iut i would love to here what happens, it just ain't right for a store to hold something in the back that should have been put out beforre christmas.

afv

·
Banned
200 Posts
I spoke to a BL manager last year about getting product in, and he told me that it's company policy to have something through the back room and on the floor within 24 hours of arrival.

·
Registered
897 Posts
hit the bl in my area last week. no wl but a ton of other stuff, got the mustang and super bee lr. just like last years canada dump there were releases there that i never saw in stores. imagine these at walmart for 3 bucks,i think they would fly off the pegs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts