Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big "g"

Good day everyone, you wouldn't know it by my number of posts but I do really build models!

Here's my take on PL's Godzilla.

I referenced the Godzilla issue of Modelers Resource for most of the base rendering but had to follow my own path for the big guy. I finished the kit about 2 months ago and took a few photos with my SLR that didn't come out so good. Luckily I could borrow a co-workers digital so I finally have some pictures of the BIG "G", Polar Lights Godzilla.

http://www.geocities.com/ssbn598ssn682/godzilla.html

As always questions, comments and criticisms are welcome and encouraged.

RK

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!!

Hi Chris, How's it going?

lonfan and veedub67, Magic Sculp. I bought 5 lbs of the stuff about 3 years ago. Its a 2 part sculpting medium that gives you about 20-30 min. work time. Here's the link.

http://www.magicsculp.com/

For the big seams in the legs and arms I rolled out ropes and pressed them into the seams then did my best to match the texture.
Same concept for the head to torso and tail to torso, just smaller amounts.
You can't see them very well in the picture but I also filled the voids left after gluing on the back plates.

I really like Magic Sculp alot because it can be smoothed out with water and there are zero noxious fumes. Right now that's what I'm using exclusively for all my seam work.

Again, thanks for the compliments.

RK

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
OH NO IG, by ALL Means you should Obtain one before it's Too Late! Nice Build and Great Detailed Base and BEAUTIFUL Box Art by Mr. White!(Suitable for Framing Even! Nuk Nuk Nuk)

JON/LONFAN

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Fantastic work, Roy!! :thumbsup: Very nice handling of the seams! I'm looking forward to building this one.

Hey, Ig, I have recently seen these kits still at Hobby Lobby, if you want to cover kit cost and shipping, I could pick one up and send it to you. Just let me know. Of course, now that I've offered, it'll be harder than heck to track one down. :jest:

Wayne

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone!!!

origAurora buyer said:
Great, Roy!!

...but where are his tatoos?:rolleyes:

OAB
:lol: I don't believe body modification is on Godzilla’s agenda. Where would he sit down for the application? Who would have the *alls to poke that guy 70 billion times? Every time someone or something punctures him with anything he spits out a fiery fog in their general direction. So, I guess ole Godzey will always have to rely on his natural beauty.:lol:

RK

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the board Rich.

If you see Mark McGovern around here somewheres have him give you the official Dremel salute.

Why don't you post a picture of one of your "models"?

RK

1 - 20 of 36 Posts