Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3461 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Nice Job Edward.....that was fast. Looks like you already got 3 views on it.

For those who are new and don't know about Big Dogs it located on Rt 358 just east of I-79 in Stoneboro Pa. It's an indoor track with a nice hobby shop in the front that can meet most if not all your RC needs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
hey rob,

there just geting the indoor offroad ready i belive it will be done in a couple of weeks. they have a indoor dirt oval and carpet track right now. they have a real nice place! and also a outdoor offroad is on the way

482 Stoneboro Lateral Rd.
Stoneboro, PA 16153

724-376-2379

·
Registered
399 Posts
Minimum 3 like vehicles are needed for a new class.

Batt rule: 6-7 cell NiMh or 2S LiPo only. No 3S or 8 cell NiMh

DIRT OVAL

Novice Short Course:
Any short course chassis

Novice Open:
Any electric chassis, Not Short Course

2 Wheel Drive Short Course Stock:
Any Short Course Chassis
RTR Motor or 17.5 Brushless

2 Wheel Drive Short Course Modified:
Any Short Course Chassis
Any Motor

4 Wheel Drive Short Course:
Any Short Course Chassis
Any Motor
No 1/8 Scale Conversions

2 Wheel Drive Stadium Truck Stock:
Any 2 Wheel Drive Truck, Not Short Course

2 Wheel Drive Stadium Truck Modified:
Any 2 Wheel Drive Truck, Not Short Course
No Motor Limit

Sprint Stock:
Kit Tire

Sprint Modified
No Motor Limit
Any Tire

Late Model Modified
Any 2 Wheel Drive Chassis
Must Run Late Model Body
Any Motor[/QUOTE]

these are the classes for the dirt oval rob:wave:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
FREE ENTRY OFF ROAD RACING 5/7/11 @ 10am

Just some insight into the Off Road course from last nights racing. John announced that this coming Saturday will be the first Off Road event. The track is made out of the oval and the smaller area at the end of the oval in turns 1 and 2. To try and give you an idea of what it looks like for any of you that have been out there in recent weeks.

You start on the back straight like normal.
As you come out of turn 4 you make a sharp left into the infield
You then go over a series of small jump and pop out just before turn 1
You then shoot straight over turn 1, and into a small "S" bend, and down into a small hole
As you come out of the hole you climb up a high banked ramp/curve made of clay and OSB (plywood)
Down the ramp and into another small backwards "S" turn
And then line up to hit that giant pile of dirt that has been sitting behind turn 2
This will launch you back out onto the back straight of the oval where you continue down into turn 3 to repeat the track again.

Hope that gives you some insight into what it looks like. John said he still has some work to do on it, and it could be a bit different from what I just wrote by the end of the week.

The doors will open at 10am with racing at 11:30am. He also said entries will be FREE because there will be some "kinks" that will need to be worked out.

As far as classes go, there have been no classes/rules put into place yet that I saw. I think this is a trial run, and an opportunity for them to see what people are wanting to run on the track.

Oval racing will follow the off road racing that day, and start at 5pm like usual. Unfortunately I don't think that will be a free entry.....LOL

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sounds good but is there any way that u guys can post some pics?? I know some guys that may want to venture out but they would like to see some pics.....Whats the surface like? Hardpacked clay? Thanks alot :)

Just some insight into the Off Road course from last nights racing. John announced that this coming Saturday will be the first Off Road event. The track is made out of the oval and the smaller area at the end of the oval in turns 1 and 2. To try and give you an idea of what it looks like for any of you that have been out there in recent weeks.

You start on the back straight like normal.
As you come out of turn 4 you make a sharp left into the infield
You then go over a series of small jump and pop out just before turn 1
You then shoot straight over turn 1, and into a small "S" bend, and down into a small hole
As you come out of the hole you climb up a high banked ramp/curve made of clay and OSB (plywood)
Down the ramp and into another small backwards "S" turn
And then line up to hit that giant pile of dirt that has been sitting behind turn 2
This will launch you back out onto the back straight of the oval where you continue down into turn 3 to repeat the track again.

Hope that gives you some insight into what it looks like. John said he still has some work to do on it, and it could be a bit different from what I just wrote by the end of the week.

The doors will open at 10am with racing at 11:30am. He also said entries will be FREE because there will be some "kinks" that will need to be worked out.

As far as classes go, there have been no classes/rules put into place yet that I saw. I think this is a trial run, and an opportunity for them to see what people are wanting to run on the track.

Oval racing will follow the off road racing that day, and start at 5pm like usual. Unfortunately I don't think that will be a free entry.....LOL

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sounds good but is there any way that u guys can post some pics?? I know some guys that may want to venture out but they would like to see some pics.....Whats the surface like? Hardpacked clay? Thanks alot :)
Rob....I don't work for Big Dogs, and I don't have any pictures.....sorry. I can tell you that the track is a hard packed clay track though, and they water in between rounds of heats and main event. The infield where the small serious of jumps were was a loose clay, but he might be wetting and packing that down in time. Those had been in place on Friday and the owner had a few projects going at once. I think it's hard for him to get some of the track done when folks are there practicing on parts of it.

Heck the price is right for racing....even though gas prices are out of this world.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Rob....I don't work for Big Dogs, and I don't have any pictures.....sorry. I can tell you that the track is a hard packed clay track though, and they water in between rounds of heats and main event. The infield where the small serious of jumps were was a loose clay, but he might be wetting and packing that down in time. Those had been in place on Friday and the owner had a few projects going at once. I think it's hard for him to get some of the track done when folks are there practicing on parts of it.

Heck the price is right for racing....even though gas prices are out of this world.

kk kool. Thanks for the info.:cool:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Transponders

Rentals are $5 and you have to surrender your DL so the shop can be assured they get their transponder back.:thumbsup:

To purchase they cost around $90, but you can sometimes find them online cheaper. Just make sure they are Amb compliant.

Also be careful with that OSB ramp turn! I found out real quick if you hit it to fast you will jump right off the back, and land on John's trailer he keep's in the back. I told him what happened, and he said he'll come up with something to make sure that doesn't happen again. I hate being a guinea pig!!:lol:

The offroad is not super technical, but it can be tricky if not approached right.

As far as rules: I think the general rules for trucks will apply, but don't quote me. Pretty sure the battery rule will though.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do you get the 5.00 back when u get your DL back?
when will the next off -road race on a sat be .
i can make it if its at 11am:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wonder about the dL hand in or a rent transponder, what if you don't drive or too young to drive a car.

1 - 20 of 3461 Posts