Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This started out with a motor.I did not have. But the first thing I thought when I saw it online was "steampunk." Especially since I'd been looking for something to do with a Mad, Haulin' Gas. (Yea... yea I know.) Thing was, I didn't have a Turbo Beast. It just wasn't real high on my list of acquisitions. I took as good a measurements as I could. Hunted down a brass one. And bought it...... Missed it by thiiiis much.馃憣:confused:. The original idea was corrugated engine bay doors that lowered. (It's a concept.) The issue arose when the turbos stood proud of the bodywork by about 1/16" on both sides. This was the comprimise build. Not real happy with it. The lines don't flow. It may end up with skirted fenders. But if I want to be able to close it up I'm gong to have to cut the engine down. I really wanted to avoid that. Widening the body and chassis is a worse option.

Motor vehicle Wheel Mode of transport Automotive design Transport

Administrator
Love the steam punk bus. Can you narrow the engine down the center line without loosing to much perspective? Sounds like a cutting wheel might be just the right distance.

Another alternative would be cut outs for the turbos. The mechanical aspect of them sticking out of the covers should add to the steam punk look.

馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I considered bubbles and openings. Too complex to make them look right and tight for my skills. I think I can lose enough from the center of the engine to clear the inside of the body work. I also think some will have to come off the bottom to make it settle down into the bay. I have an idea for corrugated roll down doors. Just an idea though. If it works the whole top will change. And I've still not tossed the idea of full skirts front and rear..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts