Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Owner Battle Front Gaming
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get started on preparations for the coming indoor season. We will return to our winter schedule beginning October 2. All races after this date will be run on the indoor track.

Schedule will be as follows:

Wednesday night off-road - 6:30 - 2 heats and mains.
Saturday morning off-road - 11:00 - 3 heats and mains.
Saturday night oval - 5:00 - 3 heats and mains.
Sunday afternoon off-road (if enough demand) - 1:00 - 3 heats and mains
Sunday rock crawling - 3:00

If anyone is willing to help in planning the new layout for the indoor track and/or helping to move/rearrange things please let me know. I would actually like to make some changes prior to the MORL race on September 12 in case we need to run indoors because of rain.

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump to keep the schedule in front of people and a reminder that I could use some help designing and building the new layout over the next few weeks. Hoping there are a few out there willing to lend a hand.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
John, what are the dimensions for the indoor track? I know the old saying, but I'm assuming that you'll be keeping the oval apart of the indoor track.

Bill.

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indoor track is approx 40 x 94. Yes, planning on keeping the oval a part of the design. Outside lanes of the oval are 10 ft. The oval is approx. 78 feet end to end with 10 ft lane on each end. Makes the infield about 58 x 20. Planning on leaving the hill and berm that take up the 16 ft at the end of the track pretty much as is.

I have some ideas sketched out, but anyone is welcome to stop by and help me tweak/rework/start from scratch. I will be around Tuesday evening and all day Thursday and Friday at the track.

·
Registered
401 Posts
what's the tire or tires of choice for a 2wd buggy? I was told holeshots. Hope to be out this weekend to just try it out. No brushless but basically just to see how it handles.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hay, I am starting to "stock" up for the winter racing. Would I be able to run a 1/18 scal car on the oval?

Sorry to post in here but I cannot find a oval thread for bfg.. i have been know to be blind..lol

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking for help to get the indoor track redone before the beginning of October. I can do it myself if I have to, but it goes much faster and is easier on the back with a few extra hands. Send me a PM if you are available to help out.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Nooooooooooo Its To Soooooooooon Bad Snow Bad John I Think We Should Throw Up A Gutter Over The Little Door Try To Run Ice Elsewere.., God Forbide Beef Slip N Fall And No One Seen Him He Would Freeze Outside ..

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nooooooooooo Its To Soooooooooon Bad Snow Bad John I Think We Should Throw Up A Gutter Over The Little Door Try To Run Ice Elsewere.., God Forbide Beef Slip N Fall And No One Seen Him He Would Freeze Outside ..
Yup, that is another project to get done before the snow flies. I want to put something that comes a good 4 ft off the building and runs from the door to the loading dock. Nothing worse than a side of frozen Beef!!!!!

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
is there heat in there, i assume so since you are getting ice build-up, thats my business...lol
Yup, it is a steel building and we tend to get quite a bit of run off on our side of the building. 3/4 of the slope runs toward our side. Building is kept at a minimum of 55 and we can usually get it up to about 60 when we are there. Working on some improvements to get the pit area up to about 65 or so.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.