Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Starship Class
11,720 Posts
The secondary hull in combination with the nacelles and struts still look like a woman on her back with her legs spread--from certain angles. I think this was intentional. It is way too "artsy" for my taste and not nearly utilitarian looking. Even the 1701-D looks more utilitarian than this one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
seems like the refit NCC 1701 and A from the Motion picture are the most popular ships plus the TOS. I have the NCC 1701A in 1/350 size with the cool base - nothing but super complaints thus might pass on the new 2020 ship.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,194 Posts
Still a hideous, disproportionate and sloppy reworking of a carefully and artfully designed original. Like a cartoon ship drawn by someone who doesn't know how to draw cartoons. Almost like someone was intentionally trying to make it look as stupid as possible.

·
Starship Class
11,720 Posts
...Almost like someone was intentionally trying to make it look as stupid as possible.
I agree. It was intentional. I'm sure they phrased it in terms like, "deconstruction," "subverting expectations," and the like but it all amounts to a glittery makeover with lipstick, implants, high heels, and a short skirt.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,194 Posts
I agree. It was intentional. I'm sure they phrased it in terms like, "deconstruction," "subverting expectations," and the like but it all amounts to a glittery makeover with lipstick, implants, high heels, and a short skirt.
.... on a cross-dressing man!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
One of the things that I find interesting about the design is that the edge of the saucer is 5 decks thick. I know plenty of people will argue that it's only 2 decks. But, observe the dorsal pylon that connects the saucer to the engineering hull: the windows are spaced vertically much closer to each other than the edge of the saucer. Easily, 5 of the dorsal pylon decks would fit into the saucer's edge.

Reactions: alpink

·
BANNED
7,983 Posts
but maybe the decks on the saucer have 15 foot ceilings and the pylon decks have only 8 foot ceilings!
perspiring minds want to know

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It's a beautiful render, very realistic and complete. Alas, it's still not "THE" Enterprise. Despite it's creators' protestations, it's still a pig with lipstick. There is nothing graceful about any of the "JJ'Prizes". Also, they need to avoid using breweries when filming interior scenes...

Larry

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Whether or not the design is to someones liking really doesn't matter in this case since a) it's questionable there will even be a fourth JJTrek movie and b) even if there is, they will more then likely tinker with the design, making this design obsolete.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts