Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i quit using E bay long ago due to their lack of customer service .
i had several buyers not pay on my auctions and all i got when i notified e bay was zip .
that did it for me .
i don't miss it .
hb

·
Curmudgeon
6,621 Posts
Considering the small amounts I spend on individual eBay purchases, it wouldn't be worth the hacker's time to try to rip me off. :p But thanks for posting that link--I hadn't heard about it yet.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,311 Posts
So maybe I'm not missing much but not ever having used evilbay at all?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Warehouse of kits you showed in pics on the other thread came with nary an E-bay hit?!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
From the emails:

What used to be a friendly auction site where someone with limited means and a few items could sell them easily has become a monster corporation only interested in large commercial accounts and the money they bring in.
Word. Apparently. But it's so dang easy, if it dies it will be replaced by similar entities who will have learned from eee-bay's mistakes.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Most of my experiences with ebay have been pretty positive (and I'm usually dealing with fairly big ticket items - primarily guitars and associated electronics). Only ever had 1 aggrivating incident and in all fairness, I gotta say ebay's dispute resolution center dealt with this wanker PDQ. Not only was I reimbursed, they suspended HIS account pending a more thorough investigation and eventually shut him down and banned him (all with-in 30 days of my initiating the dispute...not bad).

The hacking is another matter though. My account was compromised last July and it took till September to get everything sorted out. I think they're doing a reasonable job, but I believe it's definitely a bigger issue than they're letting on.

Just another reason for buyers to beware...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've had good luck with ebay, in over 500 transactions, I've only been stiffed 3 times. Once was on a $1.50 Item! The worst was was for under 90 bucks. I've sold many hundreds of items and bought probably 200 items. I've usually been VERY happy with my purchases.Of course I look at pictures carefully and ask questions when in doubt. I've got 100% positive feedback.Its been a GREAT way to thin out my collections, and aquire new pieces...Otto

·
Registered
298 Posts
I managed to pick up a rather rare large scale kit of Babylon 5's Whitestar. Granted it is resin (they all are) but it is 22 inches long assembled. I saw an article back when I was researching it. Turns out only about 100 were made before WB shut it down. Was pricey, but was well worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts