Hobbyist Forums banner

beware of kingfish

2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  moosefoot 
#1 · (Edited)

--------------

#8 ·
Showing a reciept dosent mean that that is the stator you sold. The stator should have a sticker on it stating it is a 5% motor, this one doesent. Meters do vary but not from 12.9 to 13.8. I will check on a few more meters and remove my statement if the numbers are anywhere near the 12.9 in the picture. I NEVER do this but this one was blatant. I will also post a pic if I can.

#10 · (Edited)
Only the bottle has a sticker on it if u buy a stator only. The whole certified motor only comes with a sticker on the motor. Call trinity ask that question. You'll get the same answer. Plus it shows that u never bought a certified stator only before from a hobby store.

Plus hotter room temp create a higher ir number. I checked between between 67-70 degrees. You have to let the whole motor be at that temp not just the surface before u meter it again.

if u want better numbers u need to buy the short stack stators.

Don't worry horse he is only going to run it in a club race for this weekend only. Some 13.5 once a yr thing.

#11 · (Edited)
Shortstacks arent allowed where I race. The picture of the meter was the only reason I took a chance on buying this. I have never had a bad experience buying or selling on HT because we are a tight community and I want to keep it that way. I may have been a bit hasty in replying so I will investigate further.
I live in Wisconsin where it was 40 last night and 62 in my house so temp was not a concern. I did warm it up with a hair dryer to se if the numbers would change, which they did not.
Thank you for posting the reciepts that reassures me a bit.

#12 · (Edited)
Shortstacks arent allowed where I race. The picture of the meter was the only reason I took a chance on buying this. I have never had a bad experience buying or selling on HT because we are a tight community and I want to keep it that way. I may have been a bit hasty in replying so I will investigate further.
If ur house was the cold that thing should below my readings. U heated up with a blow dry and it not change the numbers! Now that is a lie! A few degrees will change the numbers. Plus the core has to be the same temp not the surface when core of the motor is at 69 degrees. U need to study material properties and how ir is effected.

#15 ·
Today I tested it on two other meters and they all gave readings similar to mine. Lowest number was 13.5, i even cleaned off all solider. It does run well on the track and for that reason I recant my statements. I do believe that what I bought is not what I received but it is close enough, and I am tired of the whole deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.