Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up one of these used. A great play toy except the steering is sluggish and has poor travel. Is there a better servo than the stock one to turn these huge tires?

Thanks!

·
Registered
940 Posts
bigmooseracer said:
Just picked up one of these used. A great play toy except the steering is sluggish and has poor travel. Is there a better servo than the stock one to turn these huge tires?

Thanks!
a lot of people are usin the futaba s9304 in their t-maxxes and it seems like it works pretty well.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Hitec 32945 or 35945. The second is digital and provides more torque/speed but I just sold one of the 32945s to a fellow that has a GT and he has been happy with it so far. The 9304 is fine for a lower weight/size truck but I don't even know if I'd use it in a T-Maxx and the GT is a bigger/heavier truck. Upgrading to a 6 volt receiver pack helps with any servo if you ask me.

Just as an addition. It's best to pick up a better servo saver for your truck also. I suggest a Kimbrough designed for 1/8 scale buggies but make sure you use a servo with metal gears as it has a strong spring.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'd first go to a rechargeable battery pack. Then put the 200 oz airtronic servo. Then install AE's 1/8 type of steering linkage. Should turn like a dream after that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts