Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up one of these used. A great play toy except the steering is sluggish and has poor travel. Is there a better servo than the stock one to turn these huge tires?

Thanks!

·
Registered
940 Posts
bigmooseracer said:
Just picked up one of these used. A great play toy except the steering is sluggish and has poor travel. Is there a better servo than the stock one to turn these huge tires?

Thanks!
a lot of people are usin the futaba s9304 in their t-maxxes and it seems like it works pretty well.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Hitec 32945 or 35945. The second is digital and provides more torque/speed but I just sold one of the 32945s to a fellow that has a GT and he has been happy with it so far. The 9304 is fine for a lower weight/size truck but I don't even know if I'd use it in a T-Maxx and the GT is a bigger/heavier truck. Upgrading to a 6 volt receiver pack helps with any servo if you ask me.

Just as an addition. It's best to pick up a better servo saver for your truck also. I suggest a Kimbrough designed for 1/8 scale buggies but make sure you use a servo with metal gears as it has a strong spring.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'd first go to a rechargeable battery pack. Then put the 200 oz airtronic servo. Then install AE's 1/8 type of steering linkage. Should turn like a dream after that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts