Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been hoping to find at least the TransAm. The VW 181 has a neat tampo that reads "Notarzt" which is German for emergency medic. Nice.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sticker is in New Zealand dollars so that equals $7.40 US at the moment. You can assume the same sort of prices for mainlines, Hot Ones, Matchbox, anything. The average mainline is about $2.00 US.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That sticker is in New Zealand dollars so that equals $7.40 US at the moment. You can assume the same sort of prices for mainlines, Hot Ones, Matchbox, anything. The average mainline is about $2.00 US.
$7.40 is dang near double what they sell for here in the States...a bit unfair, if you ask me.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's a combination of many factors, probably a way of recovering shipping costs and also what they can get away with. We pay those prices because we're used to it. That's why I was a bit amused by the outcry when mainlines went up to 1.09 US dollars a while back. It's still much less than we pay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
The VW 181 has a neat tampo that reads "Notarzt" which is German for emergency medic. Nice.
Interesting. When that car came out, some people here were trying to figure out what it meant because they thought it looked like "Notar" or something. Somebody thought it might have been "Notary" in German, and others thought it was a designer signature. But emergency medic seems most logical.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting. When that car came out, some people here were trying to figure out what it meant because they thought it looked like "Notar" or something. Somebody thought it might have been "Notary" in German, and others thought it was a designer signature. But emergency medic seems most logical.
Yes, it's an army version of the 181 so yes...

I'm home now so here are a few more shots. I passed on that Mustang so many times as a mainline. Most cars are quite acceptable as a Boulevard and I'd never buy them as a mainline. I moaned a lot about the larger back wheel on the TransAm but now it doesn't seem so bad. The paddy wagon is cool.

·
Registered
910 Posts
awesome stuff kiwi at least you got them im still waiting on series 1!! and yer other series i pay about that each.... bout $2.25 for a mainline.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I guess it makes me appreciate differently. It's harder to drill a seven dollar car apart. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts