Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. A question for the experts out there. Whats the best way to remove the old paint from my Lunar Models 16.5 Jupiter Two? I need to remove the old paint from the upper and lower hull. I don't want to damage the vacuform plastic. I also have brass hindges on the lower hull for the working landing gear. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi Beatle paul, I'm a new member & starting to find my way around, really enjoying myself so far! Have you ever tried Easy Off oven cleaner for paint removal? I've found that it works extremely well and doesn't react with the styrene. Make sure to wear gloves & safety glasses!

I made my original 16" LM JII with retractable gear, but my 16.5" is an in-flight build up.

·
Registered
319 Posts
In hobby shops you can still find the PollyS "Easy Lift-Off" product, which removes paint with no damage to styrene.

It works a bit slowly, but it's less risky.

Lee

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Happy 5th anniversary!
Shy by a month, I know, but the sentiment is still there. :thumbsup:

Did you ever get any answers back then?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said, I'm new! I was just randomly looking around & replied before I noticed the date, doh! How did your JII turn out, hopefully it's done by now...
Not a big deal Sir!

I just forgot I posted that!

The Jupiter Two came out great.I think I used the Easy Off Oven cleaner method..

Alas I no Longer have it in my possession, Having sold it to a lient several years ago:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts