Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local track started a class of off road trucks with late model bodies run on the carpet oval. Curious on opinion of the best truck out there for this type of racing. Alot of guys have sc-10, losi strike, hpi blitz, exct. Which one is the best bang for buck or best for oval???

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I suggest a Slash. Hands down, the best value and most durable CORR truck on the market. Needs no hop ups at all to be extremely competitive. And the box stock setup works on almost all track conditions (off-road tracks). Not sure why anyone would want to put late model bodies on them and run on a carpet oval, but hey, whatever! And good choice either way. :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ricky...get a Slash. I've got mine working good and haven't touched it. I've won every race I've entered.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I finished 4th at the day after thanksgiving race (running 6 cell packs not lipo's) with my Slash with just out of the box parts---no fuel tubing in the shocks,nothing changed but gearing,body and pre-load clips.

I have had my Slash since July '08 and haven't broken a part yet.

Slash=durabilit

Slash all the way.

But from looking the other trucks over and seeing some of them run my 2nd choice would be a HPI Blitz. If you have to be different try a Blitz.

Later,

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Apples and Oranges

If you haven't gotten a truck yet I will add my 2 cents.
Apples and Oranges...
All the current SCTs on the market have great features and can be competitive. I agree with the majority, the Slash is the best bang for your buck. The others have a great racing tradition background and will not let you down either. So what does you local hobby shop support? That way you have spare parts if you need them.
What are Most running at your track? That way you have set up advice from the sucessful drivers. Which do you like the look of? Which can you afford?
All of them will be competitive with the proper set up and driving skill. That is one thing that makes this class so muich fun.
Hope this helps.
Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
If a slash is what you go with, I would try to get a thunder tech chassis conversion. Tat will allow you to get your center of gravity down lower and will make it handle alot better on the oval.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I remember years ago, I won 1st place in a 1/10 scale stadium truck oval class. We used foam tires and had small jumps placed throughout the oval. The truck I used was a Traxxas Rustler. Wasn't the fastest truck out there but it was by far the most durable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
We put on the 1/8 scale late model bodies. Losi for one makes them. The idea is the body will protect the carpet from running stock slash tires. Turn the front bumper upside down and the body fits fine. Then in the spring throw on a slash truck body and hit the dirt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts