Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent dumping of Johnny Lightnings at walmart in Canada is having quite the positive effect. At a toy show last weekend everybody was talking about them. Diehard Hotwheels collectors were raving about the quality of them. Apparently at $1.00 a piece a lot of people couldn't resist opening some. My local store got some of the new packs in and they sold out in a day even at the regular $4.99. Lightnings have never been as popular in Canada. Hopefully that is going to change. I myself am a recent convert. There's no looking back.

·
0 Posts
Welcome aboard the JL train. There are literally hundreds of high quality castings to collect. :hat:

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Glad to hear that it has sparked an interest in the great north. I really can not see going to HW after seeing the JLs. I would rather spend the extra couple of bucks for the casting.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
It's great that the "fan base" is increasing and I'm really happy that our northern neighbors are scoring so much, JL definitely sets the diecast bar. I just hope in the future they make enough new releases to go around. If they are cutting back on production, but increasing their market area, what does that mean for those who have been buying for years?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
speaking of Brazil.I have lots of people wanting die-cast from Brazil.I believe they`re die-cast starved down there also.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I am only into the JL's that look good................................................

AND THATS ABOUT ALL I SEE ON THE PEGS.... They all look great..

I will still collect HW's regularly, but now I am buying probably 2 $3.00 and up JL's a month and $1 JL's every 2 weeks.. Kinda small, but i only get the modern cars and the really Suped up hotrods!!!

:thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

·
Banned
231 Posts
I've always liked JL cars but they were really hard to come by where I live up until the $1 cars showed up. My collection was maybe a few hundred cars but now after that $1 bargin bin bonanza it's well into the thousands. From no whites to about 40 of them. HW has lost some big business from me just because their releases are boring and all the same. Too much over kill. The only down side to this is that now there are going to be even more people stalking the stores so things won't really change for me. I'm glad I've made some good contacts to keep the collection growing. Maybe 20 cars were purchased from stores in the last four years not including the $1 cars so I never really bothered making the weekily trips to the stores cause even when I was there for other reasons and made a stop by the diecast section I found ............. PEG WARMERS OR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts