325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What track puts on the best show?
What track makes the drivers and spectators feel the most welcome
This should help tracks with some ideas on how to better there own shows

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i would have to say dfw most definately not mpr. the whole 2 cars hooked together and let see what happens for 4 laps thing did it for me up their liked track but that was about it

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
many things happen to me when i race and i still go back to other tracks, thats racing man just get over it , maybe you got hook up with pipchock and if you made it 4 laps obvisoulsy you made it thru the corners 8 times:woohoo: by the way whats your name and your home track

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Boy oh Boy, Well i have been racing so far at one track and I have to say the KFB puts on a awsome half time show and not only that, ya cant beat the cautions that he gives us!!! if something happens and you fall back dont worry you'll have plenty of time to catch up! Thanks KFB:wave: Also I would like to thank all of the guys and galls of the MPR track for the Great times.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
many things happen to me when i race and i still go back to other tracks, thats racing man just get over it , maybe you got hook up with pipchock and if you made it 4 laps obvisoulsy you made it thru the corners 8 times:woohoo: by the way whats your name and your home track
run yalls show how you want would have thought it would have been a little better for a ncs race. oh well yall keep back yard bashing and eating your kringles!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
run yalls show how you want would have thought it would have been a little better for a ncs race. oh well yall keep back yard bashing and eating your kringles!!!
In general, if a person isn't willing to put their name along with an objective solution to a problem, we ignore it. It's also pretty easy to make a passing slam about the event almost six months after the fact.

If you'd care to provide your name and a reasonable solution or a better explanation of how we could have solved your particular "problem" in a more reasonable way, we'd love to hear it.

If you don't care to man-up in a public forum and be accountable for your comments, then feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss it behind closed doors.

Given the of time MPR has existed, both in it's current configuration and in the previous flat-track, I believe the track record speaks for itself. It's the oldest quarter scale track in the country.

Regards,
Joe

Joe Brooks
QSAC Member #39

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
i must have hit a nerve:thumbsup: things happen at every track and i have had my share of troubles in 24 yrs but i still come back to PLAY :wave:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Everyone who has raced has been screwed over by a call or a non-call by race control. Some take it better than others.

MPR basically has the same problem that all the other tracks have, not enough eyes on the track to catch everything that is going on. One set of eyes simply can't see everything. When I became co-chair I inherited a set of Motorola Headsets that QSAC owned. I was told that they traveled the NCS series and were required to be worn by the marshalls so they could call a caution or report anything they saw on the track to the race director. I tried to revive the headsets but they were simply too old to be salvaged. Headsets or walkie-talkies are relatively unexpensive today so perhaps it's time that some sort of a marshall communication rule be put back into place.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Everyone who has raced has been screwed over by a call or a non-call by race control. Some take it better than others.

MPR basically has the same problem that all the other tracks have, not enough eyes on the track to catch everything that is going on. One set of eyes simply can't see everything. When I became co-chair I inherited a set of Motorola Headsets that QSAC owned. I was told that they traveled the NCS series and were required to be worn by the marshalls so they could call a caution or report anything they saw on the track to the race director. I tried to revive the headsets but they were simply too old to be salvaged. Headsets or walkie-talkies are relatively unexpensive today so perhaps it's time that some sort of a marshall communication rule be put back into place.
I agree with this,it would releave some of the responsibility of the anouncer & make for better racing ( 2 heads are better than one)

·
Registered
290 Posts
freddies 500 race weekend

It is hard to beat the show at freddies 500 weekend race. some of the best racing i have ever seen, a live band & awesome food. not to mention green flag pit stops during the 500 lap event.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts