Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have moved into a small apartment and have no room to keep my Hotwheels collection anymore. I have about 1500+ cars, exclusive sets as well as the boxed collector sets that need to find a new home. Most are 10+ years old, no original redlines unfortunately. I need to find somewhere to sell these quick as they are all over my living room in boxes. Willing to sell the whole lot if some one is interested. Please feel free to contact me here or IM to let me know where the best place to sell them would be.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Either, on some hot wheels forums in the right sub forum (IE here, in the buy/sell trade forum), ebay, or the toy peddler....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To give an idea of what I have;

1:43 scale NASCARS in collector case
1:43 scale Ferrari in collector case
1:64 1997 NASCAR series
1:64 Indy car collection
KB Toys exclusive box sets
Plus many more..........................

This is just what I saw looking into the easy to get to, boxes on top.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
Sounds like you have a most excellent collection. Especially those Ferraris. Those are some wyld stallyons!

The 'bay is probably the best bet, but watch out for bogus bidders.

Party on, dude! Catch you later!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You live close to Pomona Ca as you can drive over to Frank & Sons Warehouse/Collectables off of 60 and turn off exit marker 21 offramp E Walnut Dr. and see if there is anybody willing to take them off your hands for a fair price as its a tough market these days to try and sell any large Collection. eBay is another suggestion as that is a great place to drop them all on to get rid of them but you may not get full prices for them as eBay right now as its a buyers market and not a sellers market which means you can get anything at a low cheap price when buying.

I know many people who are getting out of Collecting Diecast or just minimizing there Collections.....I know I have through out the years and boy I can tell ya its been a long road in just recovering my money.

Wish ya the best

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I've seen sales people on the beach here just pull their car into a well traveled area and lay items (sunglasses for example) all over the hood of their car while kicking back under a beach umbrella and chair with their cooler. They park their car next to a busy road and drum up business usually with tourists here but it wouldn't cost you anything to set up shop and advertise. Get you a big sign out there next to your display etc....
Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks to all for the suggestions.

LNL; I remember riding past Frank And Sons a few years ago, but have never been there. Might have to check they out.

Terry; The thought of sitting under a beach umbrella with a cooler full of cold drinks sounds pretty good right about now. I might have to try that.........lol!

It seems like e(vil)bay is going to get the nod for now. I really don't like to deal with some of the people on there since they did away with sellers leaveing justified negative feedback for buyers. I am sure I am not the only one who has been burned by a buyer like this.

I am not looking to recoupe my lost moneys in full. Right now I'd be willing to take $700 for the lot to prevent the headaches of ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts