Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hyperdrive pro 4 car and looking at which esc is best for oval racing on 1 cell. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
wait until jack get's in him!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I have a hyperdrive pro 4 car and looking at which esc is best for oval racing on 1 cell. Thanks.
They are all quality units. I have a Tekin RS Pro, a Novak spread spectrum GTB, and a Mamba Max Pro.

You need to be honest with yourself about how good you are. If you think you are gonna show up at the track and be in the top 5, get the Mamba Max Pro.
If you are a beginner that is gonna be 5 laps down, get the Novak GTB. The Novak does not need a receiver pack, no matter what anyone says. It is very simple and dependable and I think you can buy one new for under $100.

The mamba is about 1 1/2 laps faster than the Tekin or the Novak. The Tekin is better quality than the mamba and is just as programmable. In the future, the Tekin will probably ultimately come out on top.

Don't get sucked into all the crap on here about the speed controls. You could spend a whole day reading this stuff and still not know what to buy.

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
They are all quality units. I have a Tekin RS Pro, a Novak spread spectrum GTB, and a Mamba Max Pro.

You need to be honest with yourself about how good you are. If you think you are gonna show up at the track and be in the top 5, get the Mamba Max Pro.
If you are a beginner that is gonna be 5 laps down, get the Novak GTB. The Novak does not need a receiver pack, no matter what anyone says. It is very simple and dependable and I think you can buy one new for under $100.

The mamba is about 1 1/2 laps faster than the Tekin or the Novak. The Tekin is better quality than the mamba and is just as programmable. In the future, the Tekin will probably ultimately come out on top.

Don't get sucked into all the crap on here about the speed controls. You could spend a whole day reading this stuff and still not know what to buy.
Well put Dave.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't raced oval in about 4 years but I expect to be in the top 5 very quickly. The problem is, I can't get the Mamba Max Pro anywhere? Everyone is out of stock until after the first of the year. Is the Mamba Max completely different? I also looked at the LRP SPX. What are your thoughts on that one?

·
Talentless Hack
426 Posts
I've been running an SPX since the fall season started and it's racked up several wins for me so far. I was running the Tekin before that and it just never seemed to be as quick as the SPX no matter what I did with the programming. It is 2-3 laps off the Mamba for the most part, but it's been atleast a lap quicker than everything else. If it weren't for all thses new speedos and programming starting to come out, This would be my #1 choice.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
The Mamba Max is completely different.
The SPX is a good piece. I have a MMP and got beat by a SPX last weekend. His car was just better than mine. Apparently way better.
I don't like LRP's, but I appears as though it is the next best thing.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
MMP is all over Ebay just throw away the motor when you get it ...lmao still the same price as the SPX

if you run a MMP and get beat by a SPX you need more help than any speedo can give you even the mighty MMP!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts