Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best diff lube?

A freind had some really sticky type lube did not catch the name used and like it but usualy use Racers Choice red grease.

Jake

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've seen somone use neosporin once, lol it seemed ok, but the murdock stuff is great for lots of things, definitly a must have

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
The Finish line or the IRS are top notch also,and remember it doesn't take much just a slight coating of the diff balls is all you need,none on the rings themselves.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
briano_72 said:
i like niftech
Niftech is awesome stuff. Last amd last!

I ran out one time and used Ofna diff-lock silicone oil 50,000 wtg.
Now thats all I use just very little on the diff balls and your golden... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
competionpark said:
has anyone used any other non-rc stuff. I've been playing with some abu garcia reel lube that seems to work really good.
Labelle 106 grease with PTFE, (white grease) Have used it for years. works great, smoooth diff.

·
Registered
736 Posts
yeah, the cactus juice is the way to go, buy the medium and heavy, then use it on diffs and front end. then you have 2 different weights for tuning the diff and front end. i run the juice in the diff of a gas car w/o problems and a gas car diff gets abused b/n the fuel overspray,grit and heat!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
oval racer 2 said:
yeah, the cactus juice is the way to go, buy the medium and heavy, then use it on diffs and front end. then you have 2 different weights for tuning the diff and front end. i run the juice in the diff of a gas car w/o problems and a gas car diff gets abused b/n the fuel overspray,grit and heat!
I've found that the cactus juice is just too thick for most front ends,I've tried the med and the heavy,the heavy is too thick for sure,it causes the car to be very very tight.Not trying to bad mouth just relay some info.I can see the heavy being used in a gas car diff,I'll have to give it a try in my .09 car.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to say I bought the Heavy Catus Juice and used in my 4300 car and the diff was smooth at the end of the night where it use to be trash at the end of the night.

I am going to buy some med next and try it.

good stuff.thanks guys

Jake

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
JDW said:
Just wanted to say I bought the Heavy Catus Juice and used in my 4300 car and the diff was smooth at the end of the night where it use to be trash at the end of the night.
There has to be more to performance/longevity, besides the lube you use.
I use regular old dielectric silicone compound, from a
toothpaste sized tube, and often times I will rebuild the diff,
and in all reality, it doesn't really need it.
If your rings aren't prepped right, or if you have your diff nut just
a whisker too tight, that will impact your diff more than the lube you use...
If you can't get more than a couple of weeks out of a set of diff balls,
my guess is you are doing something other guys aren't..

(All bets are off if you guys are talking about racing outside,
I'm talking about carpet) :drunk:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts