Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i truly have had an epic day. Truly my best ever very unlikely to ever be beat by me
Stick with me while I spin ya a yarn

So i was told by a TRu mgr that he was goin to get a truck today and i rarely go there because it is out of my way so i decided id be a little late to work and risk it to see what they got.
Well i get there at opening time and they have case and cases. Full pegs and 20 cases left over.

I pulled these which included one super chevelle wagon.
Now before you make a judgement about me clearing the pegs,
There were so many cars there that i stopped picking bats, dragons and crates. I moved some to the front to give the next guy a pulse increase, hid a few at the back to make it hard and fun. I pulled these and still left a bunch of hunts and bats etc. no shortage there of them. Guy asked me if i was looking for something special i told him the ferrari so he started opening cases and looking for them for me. These were new cases he was going to take in the back as extra stock. Maybe 20 of them. After 5 or so with no luck i thanked him and told him i didnt want to waste any more of his time and i should be on my way to work.

Got a cool new monster DD (yes they shrunk the casting) and also 2 of the cool new motorcycle.

So cool day so far. Right?
Then i finally got the call from a local guy i bought some WL from months ago. Won them on ebay and realized he was local so decided to pick them up and kept in contact. Really awesome guy.
I had setup to pickup a wl bronco he had that Pierre was hunting. Started talking redlines and he is excited to trade a bunch of his old ones for some supers.
We finally get together on m way home and i score these beauties for a couple of supers.

And a few others.
I picked this one up for my buddy blane
Very minty

A couple of White lightnings. (viper and a hummer will go up for trade)
And then i ended up with 2 of my holy grail cars.

More to the story comin

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i scored 2 of my holy grails for a coulle of supers for the lot and also a couple regular hjnts.

Here are my holy grail scores

Yes that is a purple Bye Focal and the other is my fave grasshopper

Hard to tell with the flourescent bulbs in th house and iphone but it is purple 100 percent

Then. I open 2 packages and one is the gunslinger i bought on ebay - awesome
And then the other is this awesome RAOK from hemicuda71 with an incredible payload. A HW mobile artillery gun, a mclaren RL with button and boulevard and a mystery model and note for my little girl.

And the WL i picked up

Oh and mos of the RL i got have the original buttons with them too.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Great finds at TRU any chance of getting a close up of what looks like a scorpion? Also is that a Batmobile I see in the group?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That spongebob song was seriously going on in my head.

Lol. Yeah The Bat. Canyon carver is the bike. Looks sweet.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
So i truly have had an epic day. Truly my best ever very unlikely to ever be beat by me
Stick with me while I spin ya a yarn

So i was told by a TRu mgr that he was goin to get a truck today and i rarely go there because it is out of my way so i decided id be a little late to work and risk it to see what they got.
Well i get there at opening time and they have case and cases. Full pegs and 20 cases left over.

I pulled these which included one super chevelle wagon.
Now before you make a judgement about me clearing the pegs,
There were so many cars there that i stopped picking bats, dragons and crates. I moved some to the front to give the next guy a pulse increase, hid a few at the back to make it hard and fun. I pulled these and still left a bunch of hunts and bats etc. no shortage there of them. Guy asked me if i was looking for something special i told him the ferrari so he started opening cases and looking for them for me. These were new cases he was going to take in the back as extra stock. Maybe 20 of them. After 5 or so with no luck i thanked him and told him i didnt want to waste any more of his time and i should be on my way to work.

Got a cool new monster DD (yes they shrunk the casting) and also 2 of the cool new motorcycle.

what is the red one in this picture?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad you like 'em Bro!:thumbsup:
Love em!! I mean to top off the cars i found today with your gift was amazing. That artillery piece was at the top of my all time want list. And hard to find since most adults like to collect muscle cars and the like so its not like everyone has army vehicles to trade. That made my day. And te turbine, i didnt hve one. I picked the last 2 i came across up for a buddy who needed them so i hadnt seen any since and a great big Red cherry on top. I am on top of the world. Thanks man!! Totally unexpected and grateful for your generousity.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Best day ever. That TRU you went to before work sounds like it was having the restock of the century. Very accommodating manager too.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it was a major event. All to myself too. He was very nice and i didnt want to interfere too much. I made sure i disnt make a mess or leave a single car out of line even restocked the pegs i pulled cars from so he disnt have to go back right after he just filled it lol He even came over and handed me a crate asked if i was into treasure hunts. I gladly accepted that one but then after i had a few i had found i tol him to put them up for other guys. Im all for picking up a bunch even 10 hunts after that it was just redicilous. I had plenty to raok and trade as well as leave some for someone else to find. So i was very happy to get and get GoOD and still be able to give. I ended up geting enough cars for another DD mail in. Was really shocked to only get 1 super. But very grateful for it. Havent found one in a while.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Great hunt and score, especially the vintage. So what about the mystery car? Did she enjoy it? I love it when kids get excited about these things, it's very sweet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She was in bed before i opened the box. Will post her reaction when i give it to her in the morning. Shes gonna love it especislly being a mystery at first.

·
Registered
493 Posts
great score bud...i left a bunch of bats and rodzillas the other day..found the Chevelle also..i just got back into this collecting stuff so the crates and the ferrari also got left behing... i know i know i should of picked them up for trade bait LOL...live and learn i guess

1 - 20 of 26 Posts