Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do some 1/10 oval racing and have found another racer has two cars(same brand) for sale. One has an offset pod and the other is not; which is better for oval racing and why?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Offset pod is really a prefrence thing,I've seen guys be fast with and without it,just depends on the rest of the setup,for asphalt oval go with a solid HD pro 3 best car on the market for that type of racing.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
If your going to run cap tires, the best cars in my opinion hands down are the HyperDrive 0500, 0700, Pro 2, And Pro 3 series cars.. Hd cars have always been rockets on aspahlt..

Granted any car can work if the setup is right, but ive noticed on average the Hd's seem easier to dial in...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Also depends on what class you run, alot of guys run offset in stock and straight-up in 19t.

P.S. Those Hyperdrive cars run great on concrete and carpet too.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
i think the thing that everyone is overlooking is the way he asked the question, he is saying should he get a car with or with out offset pod. the car that has the pod offset is fully capable of putting the pod back straight up. its an adjustment built into the car, just a differant set of holes in the chassis plate. so the best general choice, is get a car with an adjustable pod and try things both ways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts