Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
i've ran touring oval for 5 years now.i just won the indiana state championship races.3 races at 3 different tracks.small,medium,larg, all indoor.i run the YOKOMO MR4 TC with the LEADING EDGE BATTERY TRAY. LEADING EDGE makes a tray to convert your touring car into a better oval car for not alot of $$$$$.what it dose is moves the batteries out to the left of the tires so that you have the weight all the way out to the left which will help turn in much better.you can put this on most touring cars and i think its only around 30.00 or 40.00$.well worth the money compaired to buying a new car.also in my opion shaft drive is the only way to go.

here is a link to LEADING EDGE site if ya want to check it out.
http://leadingedgerccars.com/

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
the largest touring oval race of the year is the snowbirds. 1st place was an xray)belt)
2nd place was an xray (belt) 3rd O-ssassin (belt) 4 th O ssassin (belt) i like to let the results speak for themselves. besides i can't remember the last shaft car to win any race oval or on-road??? the benefit the Ossassin has is you run the car direct drive..tons of rip up off the corners.

5th was a xray
6th was a xray
so belts swept the first 6 spots at the birds.....

i sent you picks paul

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
thats cause non of us guys from here were there.and i heard what the heats at the birds were like in touring anyway. this is all i can say about it is that our track here is almost the same as the track for the birds and we are running 56 and 57 laps on 162 ft run line so those results dont really bother me to much.i do applaud any touring company that will make a chassie for oval though.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
yeah yok robby is a cool cat. i'm not going to argue about who could do what..next year make plans on coming. we need more quality drivers,lol. not that i'm one anyways! ahhahaah

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
yeah i agree.its really what works for you best.i had planes to this past year but decided to go to nats. in a couple of weeks insted.but next year i will be there for sure.i am not trying to say i would win it,but i'd could give ya guys a run for ya money.i would also like to see a pic of the corally oval car though ,dose sound cool.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts