Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had kicked around the idea of buying a new car. I would like to try the 4 wheel drive touring car oval class. This seems to be a class that is on the rise of popularity. I will be racing on short flat carpet tracks. My question is what car or chassis is best for oval. I have liked the Losi trucks for dirt racing. So I had been looking at the xxx-s. Just looking for some people that run in this class and what cars seem to work. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I ran that class for 2 years. Way fun. Losi has the batts on the wrong side of the car for oval.I bought an Associated TC3 which in itself was very good. But then I got rid of the molded tub and purchased a Megatech carbon graphite bottom plate and put all the Assoc. drive train on it. Very fast. The stiffer plate made the car's suspension work better.
Don't get me wrong. The XXXS is a very good car. I own one. I'ts actually my boy's car. Just batts on the wrong side for oval.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
FT TCS. And stiff springs. I really wish they would come out with a true oval chassis.get those batteries over further.My 2 cent's

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see your point about the Losi. The batteries should be on the left side for oval racing. Ok so that limits choices to cars with left side mounted batteries. I am surprised companies have not come out with oval conversion kits for touring cars. Everybody and there brother have made a conversion for the L3 and L4. So why not make an oval conversion kit for say the TC3. I think a specially made left turn only touring car chassis would be a hot seller. So does anyone else have any suggestions for chassis choice?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
BMI was making one, but no word on it as of late.. i had heard peolple paid, then nothing

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
ok this is my area of expertise!!!!!

took tq honors at the snowbirds this past year!

corally O-sassin direct drive..does not get any faster or better..designed just for oval racing and nothing else..i promise you this car is rock solid and easy to maintain...we are working on a new chassis for the car for next years snowbirds...if you are interested in the car please contact me or rob michaels at superior hobbies. look at it this way..if you buy a corally i will send you the set-up as well as give you support at the track..if you come to the birds.. you cant lose...i run this car in the focar series.as well as outdoor asphault track both large and small and it works on all surfaces..i have broken one A arm ..that was in the A main at the birds..

there is only one other alternative..that is the PRS oval conversion for the TC3...those are the only 2 cars i would ever buy for touring oval....

[email protected]

Superior Hobbies
1436 State Road 436 Suite 1040
Casselberry, FL 32707

PHONE: 407.834.9299

please ask for robby he is the owner and is corally usa..... thanks bill

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
in the area of 250.00 i think? i will call robby and post for ya..monday will be the earliest though...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Katfish. are they all rubber band?or does rob have one that is shaft drive?couldn't really get much from his site.Need a magnifer to read anything.Thanks. Paul

·
Registered
117 Posts
I race dirt with alot of cw people and i have heard nothing but good about the cw dominator there are two for sale in swap and sell section.This car is wicked fast and not shaft or band but chain driven.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
lol a dominator racing with us on carpet? YIKES! get the chain lube out!

one belt bro..direct drive though 1 to 1 ratio like a dominator...less dirt...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info guys. I was looking at an assasin in one of the recent rc rags. Is there more than one version? Looks like they are a right hand side battery car. So TQ at the birds huh. Sounds like the battery placement isn't that big a deal. From the ad I was looking at it looks like a nice car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Corraly made a special chassis for the birds contact them maybe they still have 1 availble because they only made 10 or 15 of them.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
ok i talked with robby today from corally USA AKA superior hobbies..

they have 20 oval kits in stock at 279.00 a pop

the kits include the oval chassis and a one way plus a full set of molded arms and the standard arms. plus everything else you would get in a normal assassin kit.

the oval kit does not include the on-road chassis...

please contact ken higby or rob michael at superior hobbies for your O-sassin kit

direct drive..motor,seervo and batteries all on the left side..super free belt drive..TQ at last years snowbirds turning the single fastest lap in qualifying as well ...no trick after market parts required..i do have some suggestions to make it even faster ..call them today!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Corally setup

Katfish.......can you help me on setup for my corally oval car. Need spring advice, how to set the droop and anything else that might help. Car is fast just trys to spin out going into the corner...carpet
Thanks

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
you running on carpet? are you trying to use a front one way? are you using stiffer front springs than rear? this past birds i ran the corally heavy spring kit. something like the 39.5 up front and 36.5 in rear at the birds super high bite track.

outdoors i go something like 22.5 front 17.5 rear 40 wt oil no one ways! set car up like any other touring car as far as droop is concerned. i use the long arms but the short arms work as good or better. indoor tires bsr plaids up front and purple rears. outdoors if allowed i use same tire combo. otherwise it would be cs 27's outdoors.

usualy if the car wants to spin out going into the corner or off power you are transferring too much weight. i built my kit almost to the letter according to instructions. don't over engineer the car because you will be sorry,lol. shoot me an email [email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts