Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an affordable pancar division With the intent to get people back into pancar oval racing. These rules are up for anyone that would like to start a spec pancar series. These rules should be followed closely to ensure that this division stays cost effective. The only changes you may make is what bodies you want to run. and yes this will be more like an old school division. This is what I'm sharing.
The complete setup of the cars if you are new will be under $400.00 This will include the complete running car w/Radio, 3 batteries and charger. You can use a 2.4ghz radio system if you like but not neccesary.

Crate Latemodel rules

1. Chassis; You may only use the RJ Speed Sport 3.2 pan car chassis. stock out of box no lightening of chassis. Battery location will be up to you.

2. Motor; You may only use the Venom Fireball 21d turn mod motor. No altering the motor allowed. No other motors allowed. stock replacement brushes only.

3. Body; The only body allowed will be the McAllister #228 ASA Latemodel body. NO Cutting out rear of body. full body intact. You must have numbers on doors and roof. height will be teched.

4.Gearing; Your gearing will be 81tooth 48p. spur gear that comes with the chassis. and an 18tooth 48p. Pinion gear on motor. Rules may change to different size tracks. Also tech item.

5. Battery; You will only use the Duratrax Onyx 3000mah 6 cell 7.2v nimh stick packs. You may use any battery for practice.

6. Radio; You will run the Futaba system for the ESC. You may put in a 2.4ghz receiver with Transmitter.

Any questions. contact me via E-Mail [email protected] i.e. spec. class or go to my website www.nhrccarracing.com and leave a message on the forum. or just call me @ 603-545-4922 and ask for Darin.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you or anyone at your track put one of those 3.2 cars together yet?

I'm concerned about that rear pod assembly. Specifically the screws that thread into the fiberglass and hold the top crosspiece to the axle plates.

We're looking at the car as a newbie WGT car for our club.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I only have the Bolink Sport 2000 which is the similar chassis adjustable but with aluminum motor mount. I'll be picking one up shortly. I also haven't heard from anyone else in the group either way on it. When I get it I'll let you know how it goes together.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds great, thanks a bunch. Hoping it's newbie-proof, but threading a 4-40 into fiberglass like that makes me nervous. i'm guessing it wouldn't take much to fab a new lower plate that accepts traditional aluminum pod plates, but that negates the "build it and drive" theory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts