Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BellSGuy - Here's the Details you decide-**He decided for us**

Original For Sale Thread

Novak Dually ESC has all the wires on it still plus it has the heat sink that comes with it and on the batterys wires it has a dean connector solder on it
$35.00 shipped o.b.o
My email to him prepurchase:
Alan,

I received your picture. As long as the wires are in good shape and the ESC functions properly I would like to offer $30.00 shipped to Erie, PA which is zip code 16502. I have a positive balance in my Paypal account which means you shouldn't have any credit card processing fee's. I'm unsure what fee's you may have but I assure you the $30 would come from a balance in paypal and not my credit card. If you want anymore information please let me know. Once you agree I'll post payment. My Paypal I.D. is edited which is this email as well.

Thanks either way!
Price agreed upon was $32.00 shipped. This was supposed to be installed in my 11year old's B4 for the upcoming indoor season. Upon delivery of the novak I noticed that all the Rx wires were hacked up and coated with some shrink wrap. The negative wire had nicks on it exposing bare wire as well. To install the shrink wrap he had split the wires apart the length of the rx wire so he could slide the shrink down to the case where the damage was. I snipped the damaged wires and installed a new rx wire that cost me about $3.00 to fix.

Obviously prior to me installing the new rx lead I did a quick test to verify that the ESC functioned. It did. Upon repair I installed it in my son's B4 and gave it a test whirl. The truck ran well until it hit a nice bump. I wondered what had happened. I looked at the amp limiter screw and touched it with a screwdriver and the ESC was back to life. Upon further inspection the amp limiting screw spins freely and there is no way to tell if it's "limiting" or not.

Novak Dually ESC Question Thread posted to verify the amp limiting screw movement.

from Paypal Payment: Subject:
Novak DuallyNote:
Payment of $32.00 for Novak Dually shipped out the door in good working condition. Thanks
Personally I don't feel that this ESC is what's called "Good working Order" It's unfortunate that I may be forced to send it into Novak for their remanufactured plan. That's $32 for the swap and $10 to ship it back plus the shipping to them. The worst part is that opening race day is Oct 16th and I have less than a week to procure another ESC for my boy so that he doesn't get a DNF due to electronics.

I've left this feedback as neutral... I've only supplied the facts and the rest is up to your personal feelings. I've emailed Alan (yesterday) and haven't heard a response but I'm unsure of an easy way to resolve things.?.

I will provide any updates as things progress.

Thanks,

eri3f0g
Ryan Stephens

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is exactly why I don't buy used crap off the internet? You may get a few good deals here and there, but inevitably you are gonna get taken at some point. It isn't worth the aggrevation. Buy new and deal with the shop or manufacturer if there is a problem.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
understandable chopperhead. I buy plenty from forums and I've had very good luck overall. The money I've saved far outweighs this little incident. I just make sure that my dealings are all made public so people that are selling top shelf stuff are rewarded with great feedback. I've had some awesome deals with RCGuru911 and XXXFan just as two of the top of my head. I'll continue to shop the forums and pay close attention to feedback.

·
Registered
141 Posts
eri3f0g said:
understandable chopperhead. I buy plenty from forums and I've had very good luck overall. The money I've saved far outweighs this little incident. I just make sure that my dealings are all made public so people that are selling top shelf stuff are rewarded with great feedback. I've had some awesome deals with RCGuru911 and XXXFan just as two of the top of my head. I'll continue to shop the forums and pay close attention to feedback.

well I always ask for a picture of the item before buying...these days digital cameras are so cheap...if no picture is available, that rasies one flag with me.

I say the guy should refund your money because there were two things wrong with the item...if it was just the wire issue, then no big deal

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is the picture I received which moderately shows something in the wire area but I was also quite sure of my wiring capabilities. I also thought adding "good working order" to my paypal payment would clarify that further. I also noticed that the deal was with Alan Pearon but the paypal I.D. was to Lena Pearon so I assume I'm dealing with a kid and I sent the money to his Mom.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a copy of the email sent to him on Oct 9th that as of yet has not had a reply.

Alan,

I guess this is a get what you paid for type of purchase. The amp limiter screw spins freely making it impossible to know if the ESC is allowing full power or if it's limiting it in some way. The receiver wires were nicked and in need of severe repair. It's just unfortunate that this wasn't explained better in the swap and sell ad as I would have moved on to a different ESC for my boy. In looking at novaks customer service I assume I can send it in for a factory replacement non-warranty service but I would have $32 in the swap, $10 in shipping and handling back to me, whatever shipping is to them, as well as the $25 to you. Not quite the deal I was hoping for. :(

Ryan

As you can see I did a typo on the price I paid to him. I stated $25 in the email but in reality I had sent him $32. Just clarification that I did pay $32. Don't want to tamper with the evidence.. lol

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I think he owes you some money. We all know what "good working order" means. This was not in "good working order". Sorry that you had to go through this.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have my doubts I'll hear a reply.. none as of yet. Shortly after posting this feedback I also noticed him selling a XXX-T HERE in which I also linked to this feedback thread so potential buyers would know what they may be getting into.

No reply leaves nothing left to speculate about. He is aware of this thread, he has rec'd emails regarding it, and has chosen to ignore or not reply. As much as it is a pain for me to deal with getting another ESC as fast as possible. (Tekin G-12 from Bullet) It's also going to be a pain for BellSGuy to entertain many more sales without some explanation.

I hope I'm not coming across to harsh as I've seen people that have gotten negative feedback and their reply to it is "that guy is a lunatic!" and that is the full explanation of the feedback. I've tried to explain all the facts with all the information that I have so everyone can decide how the deal looks. Those that have posted seem to agree that it was unfair for the buyer.

On to the next purchase!. A different ESC from Bullet, a nice XXX-4 truck from John, and another airtronics micro rx from Brant on the RCTech forum. Rest assured though, I peruse these forums much more than I post and I expect I'll run across a few more of BellSGuy's deals if he tries.

My advice next time for Alan is that he tries to maintain good contact with his sales and maintain a great relationship. A simple reply could have easily avoided this longwinded post of feedback.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Xxxt

I purchased the XXXT prior to reading this thread. Sent the money on the 11th, and have gotten only one email since. I've emailed the guy for the last 5 days and no reply yet. We'll see what happens and I will update you guys when I get it, or if I wind up having to dispute and reverse the charge.
Regards,
Wade

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wade, my hopes are that you will get your product and it will be as advertised. Alan Pearon has avoided all contacts from me and my hopes are that the deal with me was a fluke and he's just a child that's afraid to admit any wrongdoing.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into something worse and others loose out as well.

I wish you the best of luck

F

·
0 Posts
eri3f0g said:
On to the next purchase!. A different ESC from Bullet, a nice XXX-4 truck from John, and another airtronics micro rx from Brant on the RCTech forum. Rest assured though, I peruse these forums much more than I post and I expect I'll run across a few more of BellSGuy's deals if he tries.

I hope everything works out for you. I am also glad to see that Bullet could help you out with another esc. I race with Jud and his son, they are great people to deal with. I have bought several things from them both. Best of luck to you.

Joey

·
Registered
76 Posts
reply from the sell

ok i got it in a deal it was used i tested it and it worked i didn't see the radio wires were in the kind of shape all i did was check to see if it worked ok. if you want the money back thats no problem i can send you money order to you and you can send the speed control back ok let me now what you want to do but i am not send the postage back ok

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
so your implying that the little padded envelope sent regular mail cost $12.00 to ship? No delivery confirmation regular parcel post? Somehow that doesn't seem correct.

as far as getting the novak dually from Promatchracer, I don't see how that fits into the equation what so ever. I've known quite a few friends that have had dealings with him and if there was anything questionable about a sale I am sure that he would make immediate contact back to the person to rectify the situation.

My assumption is that the only reason that you've even considered finally posting about this is that every post you've made since this happened I've put a link to this Feedback thread so others know what they may be getting into. (childish perhaps, but so is not responding to any emails or this thread for how long?)

It also seems that regardless of my concerns your sale practices tend to go with the "plenty of communication until I've got the check"

by Wade Mcgee
Sent the money on the 11th, and have gotten only one email since. I've emailed the guy for the last 5 days and no reply yet.
- Things like that don't good for someone that wishes to sell items as a "good trader".

Please realize Alan, A simple contact from the beginning could have made things SO much easier to stomach. All the days (emailed on the 9th, only reply was today the 22nd) that you blew me off just makes for a bad taste in my mouth. Then to come back and say you'll send me $20 back since you won't refund shipping is basically absurd. You and I both know that this speed control came in a padded envelope (cost 75cents tops) sent parcel post (maybe $1.35) yet your saying shipping was $12.00. That's some wicked handling you've got there. Again, if the offer was made before I had to hound you at least I wouldn't have felt like I was screwed right from the beginning.

I'm very curious to anyone elses opinion on this as I feel that I'm being fair in explaining my feelings and situation.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This isn't right

Alan,

I was just surfing Your Posts again when I saw your reply to me.

reply tp eri
saw the feedback left a reply ok any way i traded for the stuff from pro match racer and first he said the truck was a matt francis edition it was not and i after i got the stuff i did check to see that the speed control worked it did but i didn't check the rx wires o well sometime i wise i had not traded because i am the one that got screwed in that deal (monster gt) that one is for sure it was not a fair trade
Your implying the "it's not my fault" thing here and it doesn't fit at all. You are the person that sold items here. Promatchracer doesn't belong in this conversation one bit. If you feel that you got "screwed" in any way your attitude should have been to contact that person and resolve that issue, not "screw" someone else.

I assure you Promatchracer is aware of what is being said. I've looked but couldn't find any information on your dealing with him where you stated your case. The same thing would apply to me.

To clarify that: If I felt that I got screwed by you my only course of action is to try and rectify it with you. At no point should I assume it's o.k. to pass the "bad deal" to another person. Let alone, when that person comes back to me and says "what the heck" I sure can't say: "that's how I got it from Alan and I got screwed".

Also, Keep in mind a few things.

My email to you:
I received your picture. As long as the wires are in good shape and the ESC functions properly I would like to offer $30.00 shipped to Erie, PA

Payment of $32.00 for Novak Dually shipped out the door in good working condition.
Both of those stipulate the terms of our sale. As a Ebayer and Trader it's my duty to disclose any flaws in my items for sale and if I were to sell something defective in any way that wasn't stated I would be responsible for making it right to the party that purchased the item.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
This is to Bellsouth

Where do you get off trying to blame this on me.
You and I both got what we traded for.
You are trying to blame me for your mistake and it wont work. I wont go into who got the better deal between the 2 of us. From the looks of this thread you traded something that you missled. As for the pod i never touched that part in most of my ESC's I suspect you didn't either. But that really isn't the issue You stated the wires where in good shape and there aren't
If you had a problem with my deal with youI would have sent back that GT in a heartbeat to you.
I think you should refund the money for the ESC to this guy
All $32 of it because he is going to have to ship it back to you and that will cost him about $5 because I am sure he will ship it with Delivery confrimation

So leave my name out of your BAD dealing
I am now invloved in this as a moderator to make sure the boards stay safe to trade on

Also Just so you know I would have came on here to defend you is you asked because are trade did go soomthly

Any If anybody wants to ? my feedback Check my link

·
Registered
76 Posts

pro match sorry for the earlier reply ok and yes i will refund the money - the shipping cost i had a problem with the trade that we did ok i thought it was going to be a mf xxxt edition of the truck and the speed control had a stripped out screw but i din't see that before i sold it . but i wrote that when i was mad at the world and if i new that when we traded i would have sent it back no prolem no again i am sorry for that. ok also the only reason your name was
bought up i got the stuff from you.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BellSGuy said:
yes i will refund the money
Please feel free to PM or email me for any information including my address. I hope to rectify this situation and rest assured I will keep everyone posted as to how things work out.

Thanks.

Ryan S.
eri3f0g

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BellSGuy said:
ok and yes i will refund the money
BellSGuy said:
Per email sent 10/26/04 25.00 back is what i will refund
I'm confused!

eri3f0g said:
my complete reply via email
Sounds fair if I don't have to send you the Dually back.....

Let me give you a true example of my dealings in the past and how I handled them:

I sold a dynamite twin peak charger on Ebay to a fellow in California. He paid more than I expected for the charger so out of the $62.00 (9 of which was shipping) he paid I went and sent the charger priority mail for $12.00. Five days later he said that one of the battery charging leads wasn't working and the charger only charged one battery at a time instead of two. I explained that I would do what ever he wanted as he won an auction for a charger in "good working order". I offered to refund his money or refund it partially and let him keep the charger. He replied that he didn't have a use for a charger that only charged one battery and he didn't want it. I immediately sent his paypal money back to him. Yes, I sent him the $62.00 he originally sent to me even though I was charged paypal fee's to accept the money as well as the $12.00 to ship the charger to him.
Here's the kicker! Not only did the person leave me awesome feedback.. He sent the charger back priority mail on his own dime. I felt that he had every right to go after return shipping money but he didn't ask. If he had I would have told him to keep it.

This leaves the ball in your court. I hope to hear back from you.

Warmest Regards,

Ryan Stephens
I'm unsure if I'm just upset at the extremely poor way this was handled, or the fact that Alan feels it's o.k. to sell junk and only after severe hounding will he consider making things right. When he makes things 'right' he still wants to make sure that he's got $10 in his pocket for the trouble he caused someone else. Beyond that, he would then have the ability to send this out to someone else.

I am sorry that this thread has continued on for this length but it's more about principle at this point. Updates as things progress.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
eri3f0g said:
Updates as things progress.
So far things are not moving along very much at all.

BellSGuy said:
ok and yes I will refund the money
10/22/04
10/22/04: eri3f0g PM'd and post on this thread stating information to handle the refund of defective ESC

10/25/04: another PM and post trying to get anything resolved

10/26/04: email from Alan
BellSGuy said:
25.00 back is what i will refund
10/26/04: Alan posts again trying to purchase a Revo through trade Thread HERE

10/27/04: email reply already pasted above by eri3f0g

10/27/04: reply to my email to Alan
BellSGuy said:
25.00 is still alll i am going to refund
10/27/04: reply by eri3f0g back to Alan
eri3f0g said:
So refund it?
BellSGuy said:
Alan replied with two separate emails:
1st: i will
2nd: when maybe in a week
10/28/04: Paypal money request sent to [email protected] since that was the email that the money was originally sent to. His latest replies have been from [email protected] though. Paypal money request ignored.

October 31st and here we have it.. NOTHING.....

Buyer/Seller Beware!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts