Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my interpretation of Bela, The Gypsy as The Wolf Man.

The idea for his pants came from a picture on the cover of an old Hungarian Gipsy record that I own. They are red with a black inlay and red 8 pointed stars.

Note the detail on the skull and pants. I used my pinstriping brush for the fine lines.

More pant detail.

A close-up with the Pumpkin Patch Background. I used a grey colour palet for The Wolf Man to show the age difference between a younger Wolf Man (Brown) and an older one (Grey).

Bela Lugosi, who played Bela The Gipsy, had piercing blue eyes. I duplicated that here. In the movie, when Bela was the werewolf, he was played by a German Sheppard. This is how I envision what he really would have looked like.

Enjoy!

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Great twist on a classic kit, Trevor! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
Very cool!

The pose looks like he should have a cop standing in front of him yelling "hands up!"

:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Could you have taken Lugosi's head from the Dracula kit, grafted it onto the Wolfman kit and the added the hair, etc? It would have retained more of the Lugosi's facial features, IMO.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Well, I'm not Wolfie :jest: but great work! I am always impressed when someone does something new with these classic monsters. It really makes it stand out :cool:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thax! I'm almost tempted to build another Mummy or Dracula kit...but I'm going to wait for Moebuis to release their new 1/8th scale Frankenstein kit...hopefully by month's end.

I'm saving up to buy a few for the store as well. ~ Oh, I also now have access to Polar Lights, AMT and MPC thanX to my new wholesaler.....anyone interested in Green Goblin, Spiderman, Witch, or a Robby the Robot? :D

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
MCR,

Your "Bela the Gypsy" take on the Wolf Man got me thinking (always a dangerous thing). I bet it wouldn't be too hard to adapt a Lugosi Dracula head - Aurora's, not this year's Mr. Potato Head reissue from Revell - to fit Wolfie's neck. Add some epoxy-putty fur and voila! Bela the werewolf!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Trev,Your Take on this Classic Wolfie kit is not only Fantastic looking but the way you did the pants up really came out Great:thumbsup:!I would have commented sooner but its been a hetic week for me job and Family wise:freak:

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Looks GREAT Trevor! I love the concept idea of the pants and the grey Wolfman. It is nice to see different build-ups of this classic kit!

MMM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts