Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 year old son who seems interested in model airplanes and air travel (he even wants a flight simulator game for his game system) perhaps being a pilot one day. I'm glad he's interested in planes but my hobby is slot cars so, I was wondering are there any local clubs in the SJ area ( Woodstown to be more specific..08098) and what would be a good beginner plane. Something I can by extra parts when he wrecks and I've been told everybody wrecks?

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I have a 10 year old son who seems interested in model airplanes and air travel (he even wants a flight simulator game for his game system) perhaps being a pilot one day. I'm glad he's interested in planes but my hobby is slot cars so, I was wondering are there any local clubs in the SJ area ( Woodstown to be more specific..08098) and what would be a good beginner plane. Something I can by extra parts when he wrecks and I've been told everybody wrecks?
Hobby Lobby has a few real good RTF airplanes. The planes incorporate a thick body and airfoil both condusive to slow flight. I had one for about a year and it had very stable flight tendencies. EASY to repair if crashed! It was used to evaluate RTF airplanes and also teach a few new flyers the ropes. Hobby Lobby has tons of replacement parts as well and that is a plus.
The one I had was an electric three channel airplane and the only changes that I made was to the rudder & elevator throws, I made them slower.
Check them out but if you can find a club in your area these guys will bust their humps to get your son flying.

Mike Clark
Hueytown, Alabama.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts