Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a netbook the past couple days for the oval racing. What programs are you guys running on it??

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
The programs I have on it for my RC stuff...... Tekin Hotwire, Ross's Oval setup Program, PC interface for my charger, Flight Sim, and a couple different excel programs for calculating rollout, RPM range for Tekin....

RC

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The only problem with netbooks is they have no disc drive, so everything has to be done through USB.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
depends on what you want on a lap top....if it's the size, then that's a plus. but if you want storage think bigger with 64 bit...........make a PDF file for a set up sheet for what chassis you run ( using Xcell ) a bit more money,but alot more to use...........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The only problem with netbooks is they have no disc drive, so everything has to be done through USB.
thats not exactly true, if you buy one with a solid state hardrive the yes you have to use memory sticks because you have no storage!my acer aspire one netbook has a very large regular hard drive and has tons of space! more than you will need!!! so you just have to watch what you are buying if it says ssd then you will need flash drives also

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
thats not exactly true, if you buy one with a solid state hardrive the yes you have to use memory sticks because you have no storage!my acer aspire one netbook has a very large regular hard drive and has tons of space! more than you will need!!! so you just have to watch what you are buying if it says ssd then you will need flash drives also
I may be wrong but I think he was referring to no CD/DVD disk drive.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I will tell you one thing, it is nice to have as a track comp. The no disc drive for me was fine. I just put them in my desktop and run them from my netbook to install stuff. Very small and better to have than a normal size laptop. :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I may be wrong but I think he was referring to no CD/DVD disk drive.
yes he is right,no bashing was intended steve!!! they can be confusing, i found that out the hard way!!! almost bought the one solid state drive,luckily a friend stopped me before i did!!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your input. Are there programs for the track that you guys are buying or is everyone making their own?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
There is a guy on here somewhere that sells the setup program for i think $20. Not sure his name, sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts