Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been away quite some time (I was supprised my board login still worked) and I was wondering what a RAOK is?

I was here alot in the early years when Brian was the Mod (Anyone know how Brian is?) I had a child and my hobby got put on hold for quite some time. I picked up a few here and there but nothing like I would liked to. I noticed they are doing sets of trucks (My favorite by far) and hopefully I can spend a little money here and there again.

Thanks.

PS. I see my login still worked by my stats have been reset. :cry:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
triple20 said:
Brian was a customer service rep with playing mantis back in the old,old days...he was a mod here also :wave:
Brian was a cool guy and a collector. Unfortunately, the last I heard he was fighting Cancer. I was hoping someone had heard something good.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome back. Brian was before my time, but sorry to hear of anyone fighting an illness. Everyone's status was changed by a format change, but the HT board is still a nice place to hang out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew something must have happened (new board software maybe) because I was here long before December 2004 (that was during my absence)

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
welcome back

all the old stats were wiped out in the great update in the early 2000's. It has been a while now, but the last I heard Brian was doing good, both in job and his fight with cancer.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
dmc874 said:
I have been away quite some time (I was supprised my board login still worked) and I was wondering what a RAOK is?
A RAOK is when a package shows up on your doorstep, even though you know you haven't ordered anything. When you open it, you find a little metal car or two or more! :) telling you that somebody was thinking of you and wanted to brighten your day! :hat:
Welcome back, dmc874. I only joined in March '06 but I have quickly found this to be a fun, educational and entertaining place to be! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
41-willys said:
welcome back

all the old stats were wiped out in the great update in the early 2000's. It has been a while now, but the last I heard Brian was doing good, both in job and his fight with cancer.
Now that I am glad to hear!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts