Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the fact that Funline (or whoever owns them now) has begun to mix up the sets to screw the collectors into buying more sets to get the cars they want. For instance, with Military Muscle, they mixed the olive drab colors with the desert tan colors so if you wanted an all olive or all tan set, you had to buy both sets. They have been doing this with many sets over the last several years. The latest example is the Police Black & Whites set where they put half the blower motor cars in one set and half in the other (mixed in with hooded cars) so if you wanted all blowers (like I do) you had to buy both sets. :mad:

Well, I stopped preordering most things because of this, but while on vacation in NY and PA this week I managed to complete a whole set of blower cop cars. We never see most of the new MM around where I live so I love it when I can beat the system and only pay for what I want. :)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I agree. When I first saw pics of the Military Muscle, with flames I might add, I was planning on getting them. I didn't know they would be in two colors, but I found them and bought them all. Then out comes the ones with the flames, not to mention wheel variations. I would like to buy these, but won't be.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was another set I ended up completing at the store, the olive ones with flames. I gave away all the other Military Muscle I had. After all, that's the set everyone wanted and they just wasted our time releasing the first two. Naturally, if they had publicized the fact that the flamed versions were going to be released eventually (as pictured in the cards), no one would have bought the first two sets. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I use to preorder a lot too but havent in well over 2 years, I can usually find the ones I want in the stores.
It wasnt Muscle Machines that turned me of to preordering but it was 1/18 "Ltd" cars, Id get one, $50-$75 and be happy with it but 6 months later a few dealers have sales and there 1/4 to 1/2 off now, what the ....?
The 2 cars I did preorder this year sold out, the ones I didnt I got at a good price by waiting, patience is a good thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts