Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
There is no best bearing company.. 95% of them come from the same place..However so some do come from even cheaper places, and are very poor..

there is a a place seling ceramics right now, for really cheap.. I was talking to one of there team drivers, and he said he has to replace them at minimum once every few weeks.. says they get sloppy very fast..

Im not going to name the place, but remeber.. when dealing with price compariosons, you get whay you pay for..

Ive never really bee a fan of ceramics, but i did buy one set last year, and it was from lefthander and they rocked..

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Full set for $35 w/diff balls at Windtunnel and they are the highest grade in the country right now. Durability has been outstanding and Im able to bring them at a great prices as well because of the volume I build them in. Dont let the cheaper price fool you or let someone scare you into thinking someone has something better at more money. And others are using my bearings so when talking one better than the other, you may be refering to the same thing at higher prices.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rob's bearings are the real deal. Had motor bearings from someone else and i could move the arm in the can motors ran worse than with old wornout bearings. Rob asured that his were good and they have worked great. run them in all my motors and cars now!

Kevin

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'm sure Rob's bearings or RC4Less' bearing which are comparably priced are the good deal. I run them and they are great. The deal with bearings is the precision.... The higher the rating... the more precise they are. If you slap the wall, however, they won't last any longer than the mid range ones. Cheap is as cheap does, don't go for bargain basement cheapos made in "Who knows where ROC" etc.! The best deal for good stuff... Murdock amd RC4Less, and Lefthander may be the same too. All good guys.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
MURDOCKRC said:
Hate to say it but do not use boca guys. I sold them for a while and that is why I went out and did my own. The did not last and cost you twice as much. If they were any good at all I would still be selling them. I hate to say that in a way but it is the honest truth. This is a topic that can be debated all day long and Rick has a point that a good wall slap can destroy them sometimes no matter how good but when I say that I have the highest grade being sold I am not telling you that to sell you anything. I have become know for my honesty and this is one of them. There are bearings that are within a couple of grade points being sold but not as high as mine.
Rob,
What is the ABEC class of your bearings?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
MURDOCKRC, why would you not divulge the ABEC class of your bearings? It makes perfect sense that the consumer knows what he is buying.

Antonio

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
ok here i go. guys if you type bearings, ceramic bearings, springs, ceramic balls, silicone grease, etc into google you get pages of info.

guys Like Rc4less murdock lefthander and other do this and have found a good source for there products.

i personally buy from rc4less and like his products in the end it comes down to personal prefernce. for me customer service is a huge part of where I buy things. I haven't bought directly from murdock but I like his products too

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I get all my bearings from a guy on ebay.. there steel, but for 1.09 each you cant beat it.. they also have a 90 day warranty.. shipping is under 2 bucks as well. i usually have them in 2 days..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Telling A Difference In A Good Bearing To A Cheapooo............................... How Big Of A Performance Difference Is There To Say Bearings That Come In The Pan Car Kits V/s The Best Ceramics Or Steel.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
If you want to learn about bearings and their ratings, go onto a bearing manufacturer's website and download a catalog. That will explain the difference between sealed, shielded, open, closed non contact shields, and non contact seals. There's a bit to know about them. That's only if you are anal enough to want to know all that stuff!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts