Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how often do you change the bearings in your brushless motors ? I have mainly novak SS motors and a couple Losi for off road racing. I have heard the Losi bearings are junk and need replaced often. I clean the motors after every 2 races and re-oil the bearings already.

·
Registered
304 Posts
not shear about the losi bearings being junk . but as long as you keep them clean i would say they should be ok. i use acer racing bearing myself but i have not replaced the ones in my motor so. idk if they have any or not for the motors

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I ran a Castle 7700kv in a T4 for over one and a half years and never had to do anything to it. I heard and have experienced that brushless motors are maintenance free. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. ha

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I remove the stock bearings as soon as I get the motor and replace them with a higher quality bearing. The Duo bearings are packed solid in red grease, even cleaning them will not give max. power output from the motor and the I.D. of the bearing is slightly undersized (cheap). If you pick up some good quality bearings you'll see a performance increase and the motor will last longer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anybody know the bearing sizes in the Castle 4600 and 5700 motors. Castle would not tell me the size saying they did not know as they buy the motors assembled and complete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts