Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Starship Class
11,937 Posts
Wow! :eek: Coming along VERY nicely there! I saved those pics for reference :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Wow, nice job thinning down that bulbous nose! What are you going to use for the "grilles"?

Big improvement to the stock kit.

And Bandai made the smaller styrene kit, Chuck.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
They made the kit when UFO was on TV? :confused:

I could have sworn I saw a few different UFO kits with entirely english language boxes on Ebay.

Can't find them right now, but if they are rare that's not unusual to not be able to find one on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Got the struts today, John, thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Chuck_P.R. said:
They made the kit when UFO was on TV? :confused:

I could have sworn I saw a few different UFO kits with entirely english language boxes on

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Imai made the more common Sky1 and Shadomobile styrene kits, and Bandai did the Interceptor.

·
Registered
250 Posts
They're scarce rather than rare. The Interceptor is pretty good, the Mobile is not bad (Product Enterprise's is much better once you get past the camo weathering) and Sky 1 is just junk.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PhilipMarlowe said:
Got the struts today, John, thanks! :thumbsup:
Glad to hear it. If you decide to scratch build the struts I can help you with that. Brass tubing, rubber O-rings, plastic tubing and a couple of ferrules. It will look far better than the resin ones. I just finished the landing struts last night, I'll post some new pics tonight.
Question....how do I do the decals? Do I need to send them off to someone to put them on special paper? Thanks, John.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
If you need something printed on clear and/or white decal paper, I'll be happy to do it for you since you were so helpful with the struts. If you'll email me what you need printed and which kind of decal paper you want it on, I can print them tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow, I gotta go to the post ofice anyway. If you have a laserjet printer and clear and/or white decal paper I can probably talk you thru it.

I'll probably take you up on the info for the brass dimensions and greeblie info, right now the interceptor in on the backburner since I got a few other things I want to finish before WF.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
DX-SFX said:
They're scarce rather than rare. The Interceptor is pretty good, the Mobile is not bad (Product Enterprise's is much better once you get past the camo weathering) and Sky 1 is just junk.
Imais Sky 1 takes some work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PhilipMarlowe said:
If you need something printed on clear and/or white decal paper, I'll be happy to do it for you since you were so helpful with the struts. If you'll email me what you need printed and which kind of decal paper you want it on, I can print them tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow, I gotta go to the post ofice anyway. If you have a laserjet printer and clear and/or white decal paper I can probably talk you thru it.

I'll probably take you up on the info for the brass dimensions and greeblie info, right now the interceptor in on the backburner since I got a few other things I want to finish before WF.
Thanks Scott. I sent you a PM.
I uploaded more pics of the landing struts.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v735/Primetime21/

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice work terryr but it's almost a scratchbuild. You have more drive than most people. The Imai wings are too thin (flat plates virtually) and the leading edges are straight where they should have curves. They should be concave near the roots (as you've done) changing to gently convex as you go out to the tips looking from the top.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Actually there were three.

The small one with thick wings that was part of the two and half foot Skydiver model aprox 1/32nd scale, one twice the size that was part of the five foot Skydiver model mostly seen on surface shots and cruising the sea bed and general flying shots aprox 1/16th scale, and a bigger stand alone 1/3rd as big again model that has a Tiger Joe gunner for a pilot aprox 1/12th scale. The easiest way to tell them apart is to look at the fine white line on the side of the fuselage under the cockpit. On the middle size one the line drops down then angles back towards the leading edge of the wing. On the biggest one, either the wing comes further forward or the cockpit sits further back (I think it's the former) but the white line drops down and virtually meets the wing without angling back. The proportion of all three do differ quite a bit when you compare them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BCI Interceptor

Hey Scott,

did you ever ket started building your Interceptor. One just recently sold on ebay for $126.00. John

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Johnnyb1 said:
Hey Scott,

did you ever ket started building your Interceptor. One just recently sold on ebay for $126.00. John

Still on the to-do pile, we just moved at the 1st of the month, I haven't worked on anything since before WF except for repairs on things that didn't travel well.

I saw that on on @bay, and it was missing stuff!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts