Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This particular Bburago model, the Giugiaro Design Prima, in 1/18 scale has always interested me quite a bit and I must say, looking at it is like viewing a nicely done sculpture. This is the only model ever done by a major automotive designer strictly for a model manufacturer, as I understand it. Plus the actual 1:1 car is only a concept model itself! I didn't realize until doing some searching that the model is also done in 1/43 scale, too. And in the following colors: green, red, silver and yellow. There is a speedster edition, as well, that is topless.

According to the text on the display box of the Prima, it reads:

"This outstanding model car produced by Bburago was crafted in collaboration with the celebrated designer Giugiaro. The car and the model are identical and both measure a full 24 cm. "Prima" is the first in the series and will be followed by others, produced in 1:1 scale by Bburago for a Bburago- Giugiaro Design joint project."

Did Giorgetto Giugiaro design and have Bburago produce any additions to this series?

Do you know of anything that was "in the works" in this series before Bburago folded?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe I also have that diecast... as its a Giugiaro design. I also remember the colors. Sadly, I think Bburago got joined with every other diecast MFR.

·
Administrator
37,347 Posts
Not sure what you mean by them being joined with every other diecast? I am still seeing Bburago's at our local Dollar General's, CVS and Walgreen's mostly in 1:43 but the drug stores also has 1:24s most of the time. Havent ever seen the Guigaria for sale though.

I do wish we got more of their product though! They have some amazing models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure what you mean by them being joined with every other diecast? I am still seeing Bburago's at our local Dollar General's, CVS and Walgreen's mostly in 1:43 but the drug stores also has 1:24s most of the time. Havent ever seen the Guigaria for sale though.

I do wish we got more of their product though! They have some amazing models.

I think Bburago is now part of a larger Chinese operation now selling a slew of other "brands"

·
Administrator
37,347 Posts
I am always looking for more information to update the databases on the other brands. Which ones do you know about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts